Once you lose the fans...

andysafc24

Midfield
I remember SD saying to Ross, once you lose the Sunderland fans it is very difficult to turn them back onside. Then he goes and appoints a Manager who the supporters were very much against.
People were split on Ross with even at the end some rose tinted still believing he was right.
But PP was coming bottom of every poll amongst the supporters
Surely he went against his own advice?

I remember SD saying to Ross, once you lose the Sunderland fans it is very difficult to turn them back onside. Then he goes and appoints a Manager who the supporters were very much against.
People were split on Ross with even at the end some rose tinted still believing he was right.
So the lesson is dont listen to what donald says but what he does!Lets see what he says and actually does in January.

Everybody has a new story to suit the occasion.

With a few wins and good football, with the players giving it a go , then the atmosphere will be less toxic than it is at the moment.
I think a lot will take more convincing tho.

Donald is a nice bloke but he is hopelessly out of his depth. I wouldn't begrudge him making money on the club as that would mean we were heading in the right direction. Unfortunately we are going backwards not forwards. Got to hope Reiver is right and the Yanks will take over at some point as for all his good intentions Stewart Donald has made bad decision after bad decision resulting in the mess we now find ourselves in.

Donald is a nice bloke but he is hopelessly out of his depth. I wouldn't begrudge him making money on the club as that would mean we were heading in the right direction. Unfortunately we are going backwards not forwards. Got to hope Reiver is right and the Yanks will take over at some point as for all his good intentions Stewart Donald has made bad decision after bad decision resulting in the mess we now find ourselves in.

What kind of ‘nice bloke’ buys a club with parachute payments in the hope he can bounce the club straight back and make a mint. Yeah, he’s a massive fan......of f*cking Oxford!

Didn’t SD say that the Americans were not interested in owning the club and were only looking for investment?
If you follow smug on not 606 the deal was done and dusted months ago ,but now its a takeover akin to chinese water torture or death by a thousand cuts in reverse.I personally dont see the logic of the american investment/loan unless its a part of a longer game(a very low rent game) but actions are what i judge people on so ill lleave the conjecture to others and wait and see............,starting with this January window!

Last edited:

Back