Once you lose the fans...

With a few wins and good football, with the players giving it a go , then the atmosphere will be less toxic than it is at the moment.
I think a lot will take more convincing tho.

You are right, a few wins and good football paints a totally different aspect on it.

But neither of those look like happening anytime soon. Genuinely can't see where the next win is coming from. And for League One that is a disgrace.

I remember SD saying to Ross, once you lose the Sunderland fans it is very difficult to turn them back onside. Then he goes and appoints a Manager who the supporters were very much against.
People were split on Ross with even at the end some rose tinted still believing he was right.
But PP was coming bottom of every poll amongst the supporters
Surely he went against his own advice?

Have to agree.
Once the majority turn it usually marks the end.

There’s very few managers that haven’t been sacked

Agreed.

Only 1 named. Ferguson.

But it's happened "loads of times" apparently.

Let's say "loads of times" is 10 - purely arbitrary.

Let's see if we can name 10 managers who lost the crowd and went on to be successful at that same club.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Only 1 named. Ferguson.

Let's see if we can name 10 managers who lost the crowd and went on to be successful at that same club.
I’m struggling to name another. I mean it probably has happened maybe 5 times

The percentage must be 0.001 at best.

Agreed.

Only 1 named. Ferguson.

Norwich’s manager iirc.

I remember SD saying to Ross, once you lose the Sunderland fans it is very difficult to turn them back onside. Then he goes and appoints a Manager who the supporters were very much against.
People were split on Ross with even at the end some rose tinted still believing he was right.
But PP was coming bottom of every poll amongst the supporters
Surely he went against his own advice?
It’s got fuck all to do with the supporters who they appoint, the choice is theirs, as owners of the club they can run it as they like.

I wouldn’t trust the majority of our supporters to run a bath never mind try running a football club.

Agreed.

Only 1 named. Ferguson.

If you're referring to Alex Ferguson he was sacked by St Mirren.

Back