On the beg

Thanks for everyone who has donated to this but sadly I’m going to have to call it off for the time being. The run isn’t cancelled yet but I believe it should be with todays social distancing suggestion. I can’t risk attending an event of close to 1000 people and return home to a toddler with is immune suppressed. Hope everyone who has donated understands and I’ll look to run a marathon later in the year
Good decision mate. You can’t afford to take any chances. There’ll be other times.

Hopefully like they say they can rearrange it for later in the year, we're on trying to get a refund or new date for the lodge as 3 of us are in the at risk category and don't feel comfortable still going .

Just an update on this, particularly for all that donated.....it was postponed till the end of May this year. Recently it’s been postponed till 2022.

Really frustrating but I obviously understand the reasons behind it.

I’m in the middle of another training cycle and rather than letting my running slip like I did last year, I’m going to plow on and still run a marathon distance run, possibly still round kielder.

Once again, thanks for all the kind donations

Just an update on this, particularly for all that donated.....it was postponed till the end of May this year. Recently it’s been postponed till 2022.

Really frustrating but I obviously understand the reasons behind it.

I’m in the middle of another training cycle and rather than letting my running slip like I did last year, I’m going to plow on and still run a marathon distance run, possibly still round kielder.

Once again, thanks for all the kind donations

Can you reactivate or create a new the link for those of us who would like to give again?

Well I shuffled round kielder water on Saturday, 26.5 miles.

Thanks to all that donated, blown away by the support and the SMB played a huge part in that.

For those of you that I have on Facebook, you can see my sons progress and just how important medical research has been to get him to where he is today from the really dark days at the beginning of his diagnosis.

thanks again to all that donated, really do appreciate it

Well I shuffled round kielder water on Saturday, 26.5 miles.

Thanks to all that donated, blown away by the support and the SMB played a huge part in that.

For those of you that I have on Facebook, you can see my sons progress and just how important medical research has been to get him to where he is today from the really dark days at the beginning of his diagnosis.

thanks again to all that donated, really do appreciate it

Well done 👍

For anyone new to this thread, his donation link in the first post is still open.

No facebook here, but I am guessing from your post that he is making good progress?

Well done 👍

For anyone new to this thread, his donation link in the first post is still open.

No facebook here, but I am guessing from your post that he is making good progress?
The treatment he’s on keeps his symptoms at bay, we’ve just come to the end of his steroid treatment so it’s going to be a matter of keeping an eye on him and hoping for the best.

my wife made and shared a video of him showing just how far he’s come. He still struggles with a lot of fairly normal things but we’ll keep battling on together.

Back