On second thoughts - Peter Reid

Gutted I was too young to really appreciate it, I was 8 years old when we finished 7th first time round and assumed the good times would last forever. :(

It was the best period of supporting Sunderland in my lifetime (born 1972).

Every week was a pleasure going to the SoL. We gave literally everyone a proper tough game and watching World Cup winners laid on deck scratching their heads as Quinn and Phillips celebrated was unreal.

The fact that we got 42k for a reserve game is the only stat you need to look at to get a flavour of how huge the buzz was for Sunderland at that time.

Whatever arguments he has in that article, Rob Smyth's writing style is awful. How he has a job at a broadsheet I don't know.

Whatever arguments he has in that article, Rob Smyth's writing style is awful. How he has a job at a broadsheet I don't know.
You have enough journos climbing up your arse as it is. One less wont make a difference. And as has just been pointed out it’s an old article. I’d hazard a guess and say it’s the content that has irked you more than the manner of the writing.

I’d hazard a guess and say it’s the content that has irked you more than the manner of the writing.
Then you would be wrong.

To quote him:

"He's a reasonable manager; so get off his case." Reasonable. Not "good" or "great".

"Reid's managerial methods were undeniably primitive,"

By the way, he did a lot better at City than he did with your lot.

Back