On second thoughts - Peter Reid

phillips10

Central Defender
Gutted I was too young to really appreciate it, I was 8 years old when we finished 7th first time round and assumed the good times would last forever. :(

Reactions: Nig

Zidane

Winger
It was the best period of supporting Sunderland in my lifetime (born 1972).

Every week was a pleasure going to the SoL. We gave literally everyone a proper tough game and watching World Cup winners laid on deck scratching their heads as Quinn and Phillips celebrated was unreal.

The fact that we got 42k for a reserve game is the only stat you need to look at to get a flavour of how huge the buzz was for Sunderland at that time.

Gobuchul

Full Back
Whatever arguments he has in that article, Rob Smyth's writing style is awful. How he has a job at a broadsheet I don't know.

Whatever arguments he has in that article, Rob Smyth's writing style is awful. How he has a job at a broadsheet I don't know.
You have enough journos climbing up your arse as it is. One less wont make a difference. And as has just been pointed out it’s an old article. I’d hazard a guess and say it’s the content that has irked you more than the manner of the writing.

Gobuchul

Full Back
I’d hazard a guess and say it’s the content that has irked you more than the manner of the writing.
Then you would be wrong.

To quote him:

"He's a reasonable manager; so get off his case." Reasonable. Not "good" or "great".

"Reid's managerial methods were undeniably primitive,"

By the way, he did a lot better at City than he did with your lot.