Olympic swimmers

MonkeyLove

Striker
Just been reading about Tom Dean and another ex Olympic winner Cameron Van Der Burch.

Both at peak fitness, young at 22 and 31, and both absolutely hammered by Covid.

Tom Dean was saying yesterday he was breathless walking up the stairs and couldn’t train for 7 weeks as he was so knocked by it. Cameron still suffering affects from having it last year.

Loads of these examples but with Tokyo going on at the moment and these being swimmers who are renowned for fitness it’s another reminder that ‘being young’ and healthy is no immunity to getting very ill. There are other young people who have been affected even more badly.

Just been reading about Tom Dean and another ex Olympic winner Cameron Van Der Burch.

Both at peak fitness, young at 22 and 31, and both absolutely hammered by Covid.

Tom Dean was saying yesterday he was breathless walking up the stairs and couldn’t train for 7 weeks as he was so knocked by it. Cameron still suffering affects from having it last year.

Loads of these examples but with Tokyo going on at the moment and these being swimmers who are renowned for fitness it’s another reminder that ‘being young’ and healthy is no immunity to getting very ill. There are other young people who have been affected even more badly.
Crisis actors

Perhaps the super fit have more volume intake to their lungs that make them more susceptible to infection.

Last edited:
It seems to nack loads of elite athletes. World champion boxer Josh Warrington suffered quite badly as well.
Perhaps the super fit have more volume intake to their lungs that make them more susceptible to infection.
Intense excercise can pagger your immune system. Combat athletes often talk about how the suffer with illness when in full camp.

Last edited:

You don’t do positive covid threads I’ve noticed.

True. I used to compete in club athletics, training hard in the winter and I could almost guarantee getting ill around October/November. I’m talking proper f***d up ill at that, flu basically

No fear of me being like that from exercise, although I cycle I can’t be arsed to do much else. :lol:

It seems to nack loads of elite athletes. World champion boxer Josh Warrington suffered quite badly as well.

Intense excercise can pagger your immune system. Combat athletes often talk about how the suffer with illness when in full camp.
Povetkin was visibly exhausted just walking to the ring for the Whyte rematch as well.

Really sad story!
‘Getting very ill’ - he’s just won 2 gold medals.

Back