Olly Stone

He would have been an important part of the pace attack in Australia as well. Hopefully he is fit for that. He has been very unlucky with back injuries

He would have been an important part of the pace attack in Australia as well. Hopefully he is fit for that. He has been very unlucky with back injuries
How fit will he be even if he recovers in time for the trip, it's a big ask for the lad and a massive risk taking a potentially injured player to Oz

Lad is a permanent crock sadly. Real shame for him and England.
Stress fracture in the back is a recurring threat for express bowlers. I know he's 27 which isn't a bairn but clubs need to use these players in moderation till they hit c.30 and the back strengthens

It happens to anyone of real pace though nowadays Wood, Garton ,Mills, Plunkett. I sound like a BOF,which I am, but it didn't use to happen, or they played through without any apparent long term consequence,so the fitness gurus should be finding solutions

It happens to anyone of real pace though nowadays Wood, Garton ,Mills, Plunkett. I sound like a BOF,which I am, but it didn't use to happen, or they played through without any apparent long term consequence,so the fitness gurus should be finding solutions
That's a very good point to make, Freddie Trueman and Ray Lindwall didn't have the riches of modern sports science.

Wood's recurring injury was to his ankle due to his dodgy short run up

Wood's recurring injury was to his ankle due to his dodgy short run up
yes but an impact injury through bowling fast. Hopefully the new run up has solved the problem. But why has it taken 8 years for the coachs/medics to solve the problem?. Could his numerous operations have been avoided?

yes but an impact injury through bowling fast. Hopefully the new run up has solved the problem. But why has it taken 8 years for the coachs/medics to solve the problem?. Could his numerous operations have been avoided?

dont think so, still puts great strain on ankle even now. par for the course bowling quick.

Iirc Mw admitted he refused to change his run up when advised

Back