Olives

A while back, I saw I think it was This morning, with Italy's leading Olive Oil expert on, who said those 2 words are nothing more than a marketing scam. :lol:

I think it just means the first cold pressing of the olives. The more times it's pressed the lower the grade.

A while back, I saw I think it was This morning, with Italy's leading Olive Oil expert on, who said those 2 words are nothing more than a marketing scam. :lol:

A lot of oil marketed as Italian is actually Spanish.

I believe Spain is the Worlds biggest producer .

As in, a "personal" lubricant? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
Doesn’t bear thinking about.

I’ll stick it my baby oil, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love olives. Got into eating them on my honeymoon in Italy. Then we got back, realised my missus was pregnant and she conveniently had a craving for them. :cool:

Well fortunately I also have good Spanish neighbours who are happy to help pick them or clean them up before chucking them in with their own and checking them in at the local farmers co op., so I usually end up with a supply of oil as well.

I’m no more keen on the oil itself than on the olives themselves, though our lass uses a fair bit for her cooking.
Many of the bars pour a load of the stuff on the bread when serving bocadillos, which makes me as sick as a pig if I forget to tell them no oil.

I actually tried using it as a lubricant on one occasion.:oops:
Big mistake, it simply gunged everything up and was a nightmare to get rid of, so that was one lesson well learnt.

This is so sad. The Spanish live longer and are more active later in life than the Brits and a lot put it down to the olive oil which they use in place of marge or butter. I've got to love it.
But when you say you use it as a lubricant...and it gunged things up...where exactly did you use it_?
Something you want to share possibly?

This is so sad. The Spanish live longer and are more active later in life than the Brits and a lot put it down to the olive oil which they use in place of marge or butter. I've got to love it.
But when you say you use it as a lubricant...and it gunged things up...where exactly did you use it_?
Something you want to share possibly?

Interesting statistics.
List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia

Women live longer than men by a few years in nearly all countries.

There is very little difference in life expectancy between Spanish men and English men, only a few months,
though Spanish women have a definite edge over English women.

Maybe what difference there is could be due to the Spanish manyana manyana attitude, in other words not caring two fucks about anything, therefore much less stress, though I guess their usual slurp of vino morning noon and night will help keep the old circulation flowing as well.

England is ahead of a few notable European countries including Greece with its mainly Med diet.

Russians are way down the list. Their massive vodka consumption can’t be doing them any good at all.

There is very little difference in life expectancy between Spanish men and English men, only a few months,
though Spanish women have a definite edge over English women.

Maybe what difference there is could be due to the Spanish manyana manyana attitude, in other words not caring two fucks about anything, therefore much less stress, though I guess their usual slurp of vino morning noon and night will help keep the old circulation flowing as well.
Then what brings them back down to a similar life expectancy, is their enormous consumption of white bread. They seem to eat around 5 meals a day, and they have a whole baguette with 3 of them! :lol:

Then what brings them back down to a similar life expectancy, is their enormous consumption of white bread. They seem to eat around 5 meals a day, and they have a whole baguette with 3 of them! :lol:

Stuffing their faces with Churros doesn’t help much either, not to mention their cake and sweet consumption.

American type Junk food restaurants do a fair amount of trade as well.

Back