OLED TV deals

C1 (if its the later builds) has the same EVO panel as the G1 (best panels on the market atm)

Drawback is latest WebOS is f*cking garbage!
One thing I'll miss from my Sony is having kodi as an app on the TV.

What's the issue with Web OS? Seems fine so far but I've not played around with it much so far.

What's the issue with Web OS? Seems fine so far but I've not played around with it much so far.

I would just use an AppleTV or FireStick for Kodi etc - much better than using a TV.

Probably nothing wrong with WebOS tbh, I am being picky, compared to last years GX for example, the G1 is slow as owt. Press home and it can take a while to populate all the crap. Used to have a nice swish little "ribbon" of apps along the bottom.

No idea, I barely touch the smart stuff on the telly as its hooked up to a Shield. The only thing missing is Dolby Vision I think, which I think I can live without.

No idea, I barely touch the smart stuff on the telly as its hooked up to a Shield. The only thing missing is Dolby Vision I think, which I think I can live without.
I use Netflix etc through the TV, quite like having buttons for prime, Netflix, and disney+ on the remote.

I'll just use the laptop for kodi on the rare occasion I use it, all my hdmi slots are taken.

I use Netflix etc through the TV, quite like having buttons for prime, Netflix, and disney+ on the remote.

I'll just use the laptop for kodi on the rare occasion I use it, all my hdmi slots are taken.
Loads faster on the shield tbh.
Only have that and the AV Receiver connected to mine. No sky box or owt.

No worries, I was half tempted since I'll need a TV in about 8 weeks, and this is the one I'm wanting, but tempted to just leave it until nearer the time and hope similar prices are around by Christmas/New Year

Spoke to a lad on the chat who was a bit crap. Then said they couldnt do it as Id already been price matched £7, told them I didnt want that £7 as it was for £100. Spoke to someone on the phone who understood and I said Id submitted the £200 one yesterday. Anyway, the deal was finished and they couldnt go back and acknowledge it but did do my Richer Sounds one for £100 so I'll leave it at that.

My two year old Phillips TV has packed in already. Loud clicking noise and the picture went off as the sound continued so I'm assuming the panel is fucked.

I want to move to and OLED TV. Needs to be a 55 inch and I have a budget in my head of £1000.

What are my options?

My two year old Phillips TV has packed in already. Loud clicking noise and the picture went off as the sound continued so I'm assuming the panel is fucked.

I want to move to and OLED TV. Needs to be a 55 inch and I have a budget in my head of £1000.

What are my options?
No warranty? With RS, Jown Lewis and other's you have 5 years or more.
Even without, if you paid a decent amount, the sale of goods act could be a good shout here for at least a partial refund.

Anyway, there's 55" LG OLED C1's kicking about on hotukdeals. Bargain imo.

No warranty? With RS, Jown Lewis and other's you have 5 years or more.
Even without, if you paid a decent amount, the sale of goods act could be a good shout here for at least a partial refund.

Anyway, there's 55" LG OLED C1's kicking about on hotukdeals. Bargain imo.
I got it from AO.com. You think I should contact them first?

I would. I'd say that I bought this TV and it has lasted less than 2 years, which is not a reasonable amount of time for a modern TV.
And see what they say.
Bought it in October 2019 so it's just out of the manufacturers warranty typically but I'll contact ao and see what they say.

What are my options?
1 option.. 55inch LG OLED. Get it ordered.

1 option.. 55inch LG OLED. Get it ordered.
Quite a few different models though. Been looking at this one which is at the top of my budget.

@Sleepy What do you think of this model for this price? You seem to be the most knowledgable on the subject.
has anyone seen the 150" 4k laser projector? it's a fraction of the price of the equivalent tv size. fantastic

Looks quality that. Our lass would be over the moon if I bought that. :lol:

Last edited:
Looks quality that. Our lass would be over the moon if I bought that. :lol:

I love how it sets itself to the screensize you buy and focuses itself. I've always loved the idea of being able to change the screen size to whatever suits. I've got an optoma projector which still looks great but the bulb must be about to burn out seen, had it for years

Back