OLED TV deals

Not sure but that's one of the advantages of the QLED over the OLED
QLED don’t have as good as detail and when the screens are meant to show black you sometimes will get grey because of the way it’s lit .

The brightness issue will effect HDR though on oled

im thinking of getting a new tv so been watching a few things on YouTube and can’t make up my mind

QLED don’t have as good as detail and when the screens are meant to show black you sometimes will get grey because of the way it’s lit .

The brightness issue will effect HDR though on oled

im thinking of getting a new tv so been watching a few things on YouTube and can’t make up my mind

OLED > QLED > NANO

Needed a small tv for the snug area. Went for 48' Sony smart UHD OLED.
Have to say its a bit dark and not too impressed with it. HAVE 55' Samsung's in other rooms and they seem alot better.

Samsung are brighter, but absolutely not better. If you have a bright room, then you are better off having a bright QLED, but you are of course sacrificing picture quality. But, then again, If OLED is too dark in a bright room, and you can't really see it....then that's also naff!

Samsung are brighter, but absolutely not better. If you have a bright room, then you are better off having a bright QLED, but you are of course sacrificing picture quality. But, then again, If OLED is too dark in a bright room, and you can't really see it....then that's also naff!
Can't speak for brands other than LG, but my BX has presets for "Dark Room" and "Bright Room". I prefer it slightly brighter, so I pick the bright room all the time. Its VERY bright imo. Not sure I'd want it any more bright.

As for peak NITS, having perfect black next to bright colours is better imo than much brighter colours next to washed out blacks.

Can't speak for brands other than LG, but my BX has presets for "Dark Room" and "Bright Room". I prefer it slightly brighter, so I pick the bright room all the time. Its VERY bright imo. Not sure I'd want it any more bright.

As for peak NITS, having perfect black next to bright colours is better imo than much brighter colours next to washed out blacks.

Yep, you can certainly use that (just whacks brightness, contrast and OLED light up basically) - but for a very bright room it will struggle. QLED sets offer a much brighter image (at cost of quality) - so if someone is watching in a very bright room, they are night and day better.

These brighter images all come at cost of quality tho, as you say.

I pretty much always have mine (LG) on Expert Bright (ISF calibrated) for normal content, Cinema Home (Celebrated) for DV/HDR. I prefer the brighter images too!

I pretty much always have mine (LG) on Expert Bright (ISF calibrated) for normal content, Cinema Home (Celebrated) for DV/HDR. I prefer the brighter images too!
Same here. Expert Bright (ISF calibrated) normally, and it auto flips to Filmmaker Mode (I think that's the new name for Cinema Home?) when it detects appropriate content.

Same here. Expert Bright (ISF calibrated) normally, and it auto flips to Filmmaker Mode (I think that's the new name for Cinema Home?) when it detects appropriate content.

Yeah I would avoid the auto detection stuff tbh mate, turn it all off. All effects/enhancements/etc, get em all off.

Filmmaker mode sorts it all out

Never realised mate. Tbh never used it, calibrator stayed well clear and just calibrated away using Expert Dark/Light and Cinema/Cinema Home modes, so that's all I use.

Back