OLED TV deals

Some Panasonic TVs aren't made by Panasonic anymore so be careful next time you buy one.
Did I read that ALL Panny's will no long be made by them?
That's my plan, 65" is currently £1700 in most places though :eek:
Mad not to get it from Richer Sounds though, for the free 6 year warranty.

They replaced my 49KS700 when it was 5 years old, I chucked a little bit in and walked out with a 55 BX a few months ago.
My dad's cheapo Sammy just developed a fault - also 5 years old, just raised the warranty claim this morning, so that'll likely be replaced by an entirely new TV with a new warranty

Edit: Ah, I didn't know Curry's do 5yr warranties now. That's not bad. Still prefer RS though tbh.

Last edited:
65" are still a bit of a jump, but you can still get them for aroudn £1500 now I think.

48" were launched fairly recently, and the pricing isn't bad. BF deals for the A1 with proper warranty (unlike the Argos deal which is only 1 yr) might drop to as low as £750.

I was going to buy an OLED about 4-5 years ago and the salesman said 50" was too small for an OLED (I don't know why) and I'd kick myself if I didn't go for a bigger screen if the room could handle it. Might go for a 55"+ OLED/QLED next year!

just seen this (normally go for panasonic or sony) https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-q...a-hd-smart-tv-55-inch-with-tvplus-titan-grey/

I was going to buy an OLED about 4-5 years ago and the salesman said 50" was too small for an OLED (I don't know why) and I'd kick myself if I didn't go for a bigger screen if the room could handle it. Might go for a 55"+ OLED/QLED next year!

just seen this (normally go for panasonic or sony) https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-q...a-hd-smart-tv-55-inch-with-tvplus-titan-grey/
I put some masking tape in the corners where a 65 and where a 55" TV would be.
From my sofa, I found I couldn't comfortably see all 4 corners of the 65", so I reluctantly had to go for the 55".

Mind, QLED is nothing to do with OLED. QLED is quantum dot LCD, with LED Backlighting. Not saying it isn't any good mind, they can absolutely be very good. Especially brightness levels for HDR content where the OLED tellies struggle.

Did I read that ALL Panny's will no long be made by them?

Mad not to get it from Richer Sounds though, for the free 6 year warranty.

They replaced my 49KS700 when it was 5 years old, I chucked a little bit in and walked out with a 55 BX a few months ago.
My dad's cheapo Sammy just developed a fault - also 5 years old, just raised the warranty claim this morning, so that'll likely be replaced by an entirely new TV with a new warranty

Edit: Ah, I didn't know Curry's do 5yr warranties now. That's not bad. Still prefer RS though tbh.

I've not heard that to be honest mate so I don't know but when I was looking at new TVs about 2 years ago the Panasonics in my budget at the time were rebadged shite.

I've not heard that to be honest mate so I don't know but when I was looking at new TVs about 2 years ago the Panasonics in my budget at the time were rebadged shite.
Yeah, low end has been Vestel for years. But the rest is going to TCL
That’s a big big telly w***.
At that size, the cocks on the screen might even be bigger than mine

I put some masking tape in the corners where a 65 and where a 55" TV would be.
From my sofa, I found I couldn't comfortably see all 4 corners of the 65", so I reluctantly had to go for the 55".

Mind, QLED is nothing to do with OLED. QLED is quantum dot LCD, with LED Backlighting. Not saying it isn't any good mind, they can absolutely be very good. Especially brightness levels for HDR content where the OLED tellies struggle.

I think at the time only one company made the QLED

Needed a small tv for the snug area. Went for 48' Sony smart UHD OLED.
Have to say its a bit dark and not too impressed with it. HAVE 55' Samsung's in other rooms and they seem alot better.

Even cheap TVs look canny these days. I don't see the point in paying through the nose, but maybe my eyesight is to blame. 😃

Needed a small tv for the snug area. Went for 48' Sony smart UHD OLED.
Have to say its a bit dark and not too impressed with it. HAVE 55' Samsung's in other rooms and they seem alot better.
Not sure but that's one of the advantages of the QLED over the OLED

Back