Old School Camera - Yashica MG-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange one that like, got any pics/measurements of the battery compartment?

May just be LR44s needed, they're about the same diameter as a normal AAA battery. Depends on the length as to how many, you can use the foil trick or if you know there's four needed then a 4LR44 battery works easier.

Further reading suggests that I think no matter what battery you get there'll be no exact fit - long as its 6V you'll just have to wedge it with foil/cardboard so it fits snugly.

I'll try and post up a picture of the compartment tomorrow mate. Reckon I'll just buy that battery you recommended though and stuff it in with tin foil or something. The battery compartment is a really unsual size though, about as tall as an AA battery but twice as wide.

I'll try and post up a picture of the compartment tomorrow mate. Reckon I'll just buy that battery you recommended though and stuff it in with tin foil or something. The battery compartment is a really unsual size though, about as tall as an AA battery but twice as wide.
Aye, weird old mercury battery sizes - have a few cameras like that I think, sitting unused, ha! Just wedge the fucker up, long as the top and bottom touch ye'll be fine! :lol:;)

So is it neccessary for the battery to touch the spring in the compartment? Is that why I have to use tin foil, to conduct? Just I have a piece of wood that would keep the battery wedged in perfectly if I can use it.

So is it neccessary for the battery to touch the spring in the compartment? Is that why I have to use tin foil, to conduct? Just I have a piece of wood that would keep the battery wedged in perfectly if I can use it.
Could be, to make a full electrical circuit. But maybe not, just give it a bash - won't damage it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back