old Independent nightclub

Shut up man have I actually possibly seen or met the actual bloody Tunstall Birdman?!!?!
Most likely. :lol: Try and see if you remember a cool as fuck DJ who you thought looked like Colin Farrell, Jamie Redknapp, Nigel Clough, Danny Dyer or Kevin Webster from Corra if he was more handsome. ;)

I hope i have met the legend known as 'Mux'? ;):)

Most likely. :lol: Try and see if you remember a cool as fuck DJ who you thought looked like Colin Farrell, Jamie Redknapp, Nigel Clough, Danny Dyer or Kevin Webster from Corra if he was more handsome. ;)

I was a DJ myself mate! Brogans, Establisment (and what came much before it), Glass Spider etc and a few places in Newcastle!

Always wanted to play Indie! I might get the chance at some point, I know the lads who do it now really well.

Also got to play at Indie with my band in 2019, one ticked off the list! Seen some tremendous bands over the years there, albeit over the road for some of the earlier ones.

I went to the closing night. It was cracking.
IIRC it had an actual massive crack the full width of the dance floor. Immense club. Saw a few bands in there around that time - The Sounds, The Klaxons, Aiden (canadian/Seattle goth/emo band). Used to stay there until closing, then head round to Ku until daylight. Halcyon days.

Last edited:
I was a DJ myself mate! Brogans, Establisment (and what came much before it), Glass Spider etc and a few places in Newcastle!

Always wanted to play Indie! I might get the chance at some point, I know the lads who do it now really well.

Also got to play at Indie with my band in 2019, one ticked off the list! Seen some tremendous bands over the years there, albeit over the road for some of the earlier ones.
I loved playing with my band in Independent and The White Rooms. Those days were great.

Was never a patch on Ku though. We started going towards the end of Ku and it was just like a 6th form common room most of the time. We walked around like disapproving parents, telling these kids off for being edgy and that.

Used to be 3 quid in on a Monday night, 40p for a vodka and a mixer, dancing to mystery jets, not remembering getting home. Spewing all day the next day. Repeat every week.

Seen Futureheads, Maximo Park, Golden Virgins, Little Man Tate, Rifles, Dogs, Frankie & the Heartstrings, Delays, Ordinary Boys & probably loads I’ve forgot here. Some when it’ll have been Bar36. Sound was usually shit.

Coffee all owa

more like the little bloke off fantasy island 😀

Back