old Independent nightclub

Rage

Winger
I used to bloody love going there circa 2007, was the new one over the road ever any good? think I've only been in around 5 times at the most.

I always thought the DJ was shite at the time but looking back he was decent.

I used to bloody love going there circa 2007, was the new one over the road ever any good? think I've only been in around 5 times at the most.

Aye mate the newer Indie is class! They have mint bands on regularly. DJ's are spot on. Can't fault the place.

@Kingdom Bhoy will back this up no doubt.

Yeah they have, I was in there before the second lockdown mate.

If you're going to be pedantic at least be correct ;)
Fair enough but I’m very surprised at that. I actually spoke to the lad who owns it several months ago and he said he had no idea when they’d re-open due to social distancing measures being hard to implement in night clubs.

Fair enough but I’m very surprised at that. I actually spoke to the lad who owns it several months ago and he said he had no idea when they’d re-open due to social distancing measures being hard to implement in night clubs.
Aye I know him - really nice lad. They were all drinking in the Isis yesterday, if I wasn't at work 8am this morning I'd have been there.

There were quite a few socially distanced nights in there last year, they worked really well. It'll be difficult at the minute with such little outdoor space but changes are being made ;)

Aye I know him - really nice lad. They were all drinking in the Isis yesterday, if I wasn't at work 8am this morning I'd have been there.

There were quite a few socially distanced nights in there last year, they worked really well. It'll be difficult at the minute with such little outdoor space but changes are being made ;)
Yeah it’s a nightmare for businesses like that.

I thought they might’ve looked to get something moving again in the downstairs portion where the coffee shop used to be for when things loosen up more, in the form or a bar or another coffee shop whatever. It wouldn’t be ideal for them but I imagine it’d be a bit more viable in the short term.

Yeah it’s a nightmare for businesses like that.

I thought they might’ve looked to get something moving again in the downstairs portion where the coffee shop used to be for when things loosen up more, in the form or a bar or another coffee shop whatever. It wouldn’t be ideal for them but I imagine it’d be a bit more viable in the short term.
They've changed all that lounge area now. I haven't seen it yet but all the booths have been ripped out.

The DJ that played Funk, Soul, Reggae and stuff in the backroom was class as owt like. ;) :cool:
I also put on a few Havana/Chambers reunion nights on in the big room with DJ Spen, which were class.

Both are canny lads. ;)

Last edited:
So was Pure up park lane , tremendous for 4-5 year

Had a couple of class lock ins at Pure, there til the sun came out. Utterly off my bonce.

By contrast - had 4 and 1/2 pints yesterday, bed by 11pm, and feel like I've been hit by a combine harvester today.

Back