Old chants that are never sang anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A certain club based on wearside used to always sing this number:

"2-1, we always win 2-1, we always win 2-1"

What happened to that one.........................? :D

(sorry if already posted!)

Paullys avatar reminds me of another 'old one' :

We love You N*wc*stle we do
Oh N*wc*stle we love you
Do we SHIT!
Do we SHITE!
We support the Red & White!
La La La La
La La La La La
(with mad jumping about....of course)

I know we always used to lose @the Dell but cannot remember that particular result,in fact I dont think anyone cared about the football that day ,everyone was just singin foreskins and muckin about.
Paris Mackem said:
hertsmackem said:
tasmanpaddler said:
yippee aye eh! yippee aye ohhhhh!.....

foreskins in the skyyyyy!

followed by copious laughter(every time :? )

Fantastic the memories,first sung by 1 bloke at Southampton 20 years ago,it caught on and our whole section was singin it continuosly until the end,the longest bit of continuous singing i can remember..great days sigh.

Aye, I was there.... it was just one of those moments / games that stick with you throughout your football following life. I think the Saints fans thought we'd lost the plot or summat. As well as Ghostriders in the Sky we also did a very very long version of "There Was An Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly (Perhaps she'll die..)" - Remember that one Hertsmackem? People were just adding on any particular creature they could think of by the end.... Class afternoon. What was the score by the way?

Paris Mackem said:
Paullys avatar reminds me of another 'old one' :

Oh N*wc*stle we love you
Do we SHIT!
Do we SHITE!
We support the Red & White!
La La La La
La La La La La
(with mad jumping about....of course)

We used to sing that on the coach on school trips. Ahhh.

Yep Mansfield away we won 2-1 ,and i remember we chased them after the game,also remember boogeyin at Stoke 0-0 same year probably.

F T Miller said:
hertsmackem said:
what about this one.

Sit Down Sit Down(on the terraces),then everyone jumps up

Boogie!!!!!

anyone remember that?

Certainly do - Mansfield away in the 70's was a paricularly good performance of it!!

For some reason, the locals looked quite confused about what was going on.

FTM

when man utd were relegated in the 70's they took a massive following to all away matches causing loads of trouble everywhere they went

when they visited roker they were given the clock stand paddock during the match the fulwell started a chant ....

where's your famous soccer hooligans repeated, followed by

your'e gonna get your ferking heads kicked in !

time for you to run was another popular one

ferking priceless if you ask me.....those were the days

also when the police had to enter the fulwell end for whatever reason
it was normally followed by a verse or two of harry roberts is our friend
now that is a thing from the past that the youngens of today will not have a clue about.........i must be getting old

Mansfield away brings back great memories. I remember a long haired beared man being there, and everyone chanting " Jesus is back, Jesus is back, hello hello,"

This thread is class, absolute quality!! - brings back so many memories :D :D

Remember that Man U game too....fond memories of that day. Took a 'new' girlfriend to that one and stood in the middle of the Fulwell packed in like sardines and she was only 5 foot 2...mustn't have seen a thing bless her. Must've been around 1975.....aye and we're still married now...

Can anyone tell me if the Beehive is still around in the Town centre or has it gone now...? It used to have a 'bit' of a reputation back then. We used to have a song about that an all back in those days..

There is a Beehive in the town (in the town)
Where the boys all gather round (gather round)
So if you want your feckin' heads kicked-in
Come to the Beehive in the Town (In The Town)

just thought I'd drop that one in like

AlienFTM said:
Early 70s, last game of the season at home to Blackpool. A win for them and they'd be promoted to Div 1. A win for us and about four other improbable results for us and we'd go up. Big game. The old Roker was heaving. Plenty of away support. With ten minutes left they were winning 1-0 and really rocking down the other end. The half-time results left us in no doubt we weren't going up.
There was an aura of hate in the Fullwell.
Then we equalised.
Then we scored the winner.
Those last ten minutes were incredible.

Two songs stuck in me memory:
"Tangerine, tangerine bastards." (Think "You're going home in a Red Cross ambulance.")
And the following (Mungo Jerry's current hit was called "Long Legged Woman Dressed In Black"):

Blackpool's gonna get the knack.
Get the knack, get the knack,
Get the knack knack knack.

A less than perfect day but those frenetic ten minutes made it less hurtful.

I remember that game as if it was yesterday - it was the season after we won the FA Cup. IIRC we surprisingly cocked up the week before at Carlisle (1-2?), which knackered our late impressive promotion push.

Blackpool brought a huge support to Roker that day and initially tried in vain to get in the Fulwell (stupid boys).

As usual in those days, about 5 minutes before the end of the match, the Fulwell End almost emptied and the Roker quickly filled up! The Blackpool fans certainly did get the knack and some of them were literally chased into the sea after the match (so I've been told like :wink: )

It was also loudly suggested exactly where the Blackpool Tower could be inserted!.

FTM

Does anyone remember going to away games in the 80s and singing the 'Music Man' but changing all the lyrics to things like:

I play the Nikki Lauda 'aya aya my heeds on fire

and

I play the Jeremy Thorpe etc

or am I just making that up! If im not it used to be feckin hilarious"!! :D

Was at Carlisle & the Blackpool game too... that chasing them into the sea bit more than rings bells FT Miller. My memory is a bit hazy but I thought that was before the game....

Your gonna get your f***ing heed kicked in!!!!!
Ah! we usta sing this at sunda school when we wuz bairns like. :wink:

Could have sworn it was after the game but after 28 years of alcohol abuse, my memory bank is a bit goosed like.

Also, just realised that it probably wasn't a surprise defeat at Carlisle as they were promoted that season.

I remember bumping into a few Carlisle supporter after the first match of the following season after they won 3-1 (I think) at Chelsea and I just say survived a very 'interesting' trip to Millwall (where we won 4-1).

Carlisle where top of the league after winning their first 3 games. Ended up getting relegated by Easter mind!

FTM

buster said:
when man utd were relegated in the 70's they took a massive following to all away matches causing loads of trouble everywhere they went

when they visited roker they were given the clock stand paddock during the match the fulwell started a chant ....

now that is a thing from the past that the youngens of today will not have a clue about.........i must be getting old

ofcourse they do man, everyone knows who harry roberts is, i'm 18 by the way.

Bilbo said:
Walthamstow Sand Dancer said:
What was the one about 'Sweet Molly Malone' ??
Remember that from mid-70's.
AAhh the memories ..................................

FTM
In sunderlands fair city
where the girls are so pretty
i first set my eyes on sweet molly malone
as she wheels her wheel barrow (change to drives her bmw)
thru the streets broad & narrow
crying
clap clap - clap clap clap - clap clap clap
SUNDERLAND

I first set my eyes on sweet DICKIE MALONE
AS HE WHEELS HIS WHEEL BARROW FROM WALKER TO JARROW

God I feel OLD now :wink:

Haven't been arsed to read all the thread so apologies if already mentioned but I loved:

Yippee-aye-ay
Yippee-aye-ay-oh
Ghoooost riders in the sky

It still very occasionally makes a surprise - and very welcome - return amongst the old codgers amongst us during particularly dull games. So it really should be a regular nowadays :|

Irriducibili said:
buster said:

ofcourse they do man, everyone knows who harry roberts is, i'm 18 by the way.

I'm 47. But it wasn't my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back