Old cds and books

I would never get rid of my CD collection mind. Far too valuable (to me).

The books are just standard shite really. The Dragon tattoo series, Dean Kootz, James Patterson stuff.

Wrong, I've done my research now you do yours.

My CDs are worth on average about £4.50 each (about 5p on Music Magpie :rolleyes:). They're not mainstream crap like Dido, Coldplay or Oasis mind.

This is my most valuable: Joni Mitchell, James Taylor (2), Phil Ochs - Amchitka - The 1970 Concert That Launched Greenpeace

I sold an 8-track cartridge last week for £30.

But keep throwing away stuff, making what remains rare, to boost my collection value.

Saying that, the OP actually has fillum DVDs, but you'll be surprised how much some are worth if they're rare.
Your CDs are worth £4.50 but only 5p on a CD buying website.

Brilliant. Am sure you're sitting on a fortune.

As a casual party Dj ,modern trends have made me redundant :evil:
Nowt better than having a butchers threw the Cd's and rescuing a party .Now its someones phone with a wire coming out

Your CDs are worth £4.50 but only 5p on a CD buying website.

Brilliant. Am sure you're sitting on a fortune.
You really struggle with basic consumerism don't you.

You probably weren't born when in the 90's when suckers were giving away/car booting for £1/dumping Vinyl Albums & buying CDs for £15. If you were an adult then, you have a short memory. Things go in cycles. CDs will very probably not reach the height of vynils but they are far from worthless (except for massive selling pop-pap).

Your i-tunes "collection" of course IS worth f<(& all.

I’ve got the full set of early Bowie albums on vinyl but I also bought them on CD when that format came out. According to eBay the vinyl albums are worth a lot more than the couple of quid new I bought them for. So, are you saying that the same music on a CD format is worthless, even though it’s better quality?

Vinyl is in , CDs are out. If yo ur vinyl is in very good condition its worth at least double what you paid for it

CDs are never coming back, it's not comparable to vinyl. They're worth nothing and will never be worth anything again.

Unless you have special edition deluxe editions etc The deluxe versions of Thin Lizzys Jailbreak and Johnny the Fox are worth more now then when they came out 5 years ago or so

Last edited:
Just fashion mate. They’re all stored away as I almost exclusively listen to music via Spotify these days. I only priced the CD’s as 300 take up a fair bit of room.

Exactly....i got a turntable fo r xmas last year so i could listen to my vinyl but the sound quality was poor / no better so i havnt used it since January prefereing the CD versions

Exactly....i got a turntable fo r xmas last year so i could listen to my vinyl but the sound quality was poor / no better so i havnt used it since January prefereing the CD versions

Apparently vinyl gives a more expansive sound but you’d need fairly high end equipment to experience that and they’re fairly fragile commodities with dust, scratching and warping all issues. I actually bought four new and recent CD’s about a year ago...Foo Fighters, 21 Pilots etc for £20 in HMV....£2 less than one of the albums was selling for on vinyl :lol:

Apparently vinyl gives a more expansive sound but you’d need fairly high end equipment to experience that and they’re fairly fragile commodities with dust, scratching and warping all issues. I actually bought four new and recent CD’s about a year ago...Foo Fighters, 21 Pilots etc for £20 in HMV....£2 less than one of the albums was selling for on vinyl :lol:

exactly ....and for me the cost of that hardware will not outweigh the difference in sound quality / reliability. There is no way i am gonna pay twice the price or more to get a new album on vinyl although i do miss the 12" artwork

You really struggle with basic consumerism don't you.

You probably weren't born when in the 90's when suckers were giving away/car booting for £1/dumping Vinyl Albums & buying CDs for £15. If you were an adult then, you have a short memory. Things go in cycles. CDs will very probably not reach the height of vynils but they are far from worthless (except for massive selling pop-pap).

Your i-tunes "collection" of course IS worth f<(& all.
Idiot

I was born in the 70s

Numerous people have posted saying CDs are worth fuck all.

Now fuck off and polish them.

Back