Old cds and books

Seriously what CDs do you think you own that are worth more than a few pence second hand?

I’ve got the full set of early Bowie albums on vinyl but I also bought them on CD when that format came out. According to eBay the vinyl albums are worth a lot more than the couple of quid new I bought them for. So, are you saying that the same music on a CD format is worthless, even though it’s better quality?

I’ve got the full set of early Bowie albums on vinyl but I also bought them on CD when that format came out. According to eBay the vinyl albums are worth a lot more than the couple of quid new I bought them for. So, are you saying that the same music on a CD format is worthless, even though it’s better quality?
Virtually. You'll get nowt for them

Charity shops not interested in books , last lot I gave away on a free site , cd’s and dvd’s we used music magpie - made enough to buy a Sonos speaker so fair enough switch really as don’t even own a cd or DVD player now

Any mucky books?

Asking for a friend
I’ve been tidying out my old DVD’s from the loft this weekend and came across my old ‘teen sex’, ‘spice’ and ‘lessons in anal’ collections!

One last wank for old times sake, and I hoyed them down the tip with all my other old shite.

There hasn’t yet been a renaissance for CDs as there has for vinyl. Hang on to them and hope for the best?

Give us a list of the books, love second hand books and if there’s owt decent in there I might take them off your hands

There hasn’t yet been a renaissance for CDs as there has for vinyl. Hang on to them and hope for the best?

That’s exactly what it is mate. A retro revival of vinyl. I’m not desperate for the few quid MM would give me so I’ll keep them and enjoy them occasionally.

Won't happen IMHO, the resurgence of vinyl is due to t e better sound of analogue over digital, as much as the process of putting the needle on the record.

It’s only better if you’re using high end equipment. A CD can sound very good on a few hundred quids worth of equipment.

CDs are never coming back, it's not comparable to vinyl. They're worth nothing and will never be worth anything again.
Virtually. You'll get nowt for them

Wrong, I've done my research now you do yours.

My CDs are worth on average about £4.50 each (about 5p on Music Magpie :rolleyes:). They're not mainstream crap like Dido, Coldplay or Oasis mind.

This is my most valuable: Joni Mitchell, James Taylor (2), Phil Ochs - Amchitka - The 1970 Concert That Launched Greenpeace

I sold an 8-track cartridge last week for £30.

But keep throwing away stuff, making what remains rare, to boost my collection value.

Saying that, the OP actually has fillum DVDs, but you'll be surprised how much some are worth if they're rare.

Last edited:
Music Magpie isn't very good but at least you can scan the barcodes of your CD's/DVD's to see what they're worth..at best I had some I got £3-£4 each for..the bulk were barely a quid..just get what you can and give the rest to charity..there's an Age UK near Park Lane or just outside SR3 a Marie Curie charity shop at Houghton.

Back