Old Bus Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDGE

Striker
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8050359@N07/2284281122/

I used to get the No 20 up Hylton Rd.I am sure the bus stop was in front of the "Island" that the drivers used to use (in the background in the pic) facing Crowtree Rd.It looks as if the bus is facing the wrong way, with Crowtree Rd behind it?

Did its starting point change sometime? Don't recall it starting from there?

i only ever remember coming out the doors what you can see in the back ground and that was the bus stop me and my dad used to stand at.

Great picture, brings back memories:-D
We knocked about in there next to the pushy buttons/lights route map for a few years, the fumes must have done our lungs some damage:lol:

Aye but the island should be to the right of the picture if it's facing Crowtree Rd,when's it's actually on the left surely? It appears as if the pressy buttons are to the right.Can't get a perspective.

You mean the island where the ticket shop and drivers' staff room used to be? I think it's on the right of the picture. I'm often wrong like...

Last edited:
The stop kept changing, started off near the bottom on the left of the left hand side(facing the bridges),then went to the very bottom near the exit, then at the top on the left of the right hand side, and probably more that I can't remember.

The island is on the right. The 20 moved back one stop (the photo booth was next to it) and the 10/11 started running from the 20/21 stop in the 70's. Just to the right of the 20/21 stop was a waiting room.

Under the hanging "A" sign is one of the entrances that went out onto Walworth Way and Presto's etc.

My main memory of the central bus station was being choked by diesel fumes.

The island is on the right. The 20 moved back one stop (the photo booth was next to it) and the 10/11 started running from the 20/21 stop in the 70's. Just to the right of the 20/21 stop was a waiting room.

Under the hanging "A" sign is one of the entrances that went out onto Walworth Way and Presto's etc.

Thank fuck our resident local historian turns up and sheds his knowledge to clear things up:cool:

You must never forget where you put your keys;)

Looking at it with your explanation and I think you are right.

If it is then when you look up the picture you'd see the opening onto Crowtree Road wouldn't you?

Aye,but as you looked up the bus station to the Crowtree Rd entrance I am sure the island was in middle but to the left with the No.20 leaving just to the right of it and the Jolly was on the other side of the island,heading towards the Train station.

Pretty sure the 20 left from outside the island on the right of it as we look but it looks in the pic as it is facing the wrong way?

I preferred that bus station to the new one, was closer to the Bridges :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back