Oktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heading over to Munich on Friday to see a bit of this, I don't expect to remember most of it tbh

How long are you there for? You'll have more joy when it's during the week if you're there for longer than the weekend. Struggle to get a seat on opening weekend.

How long are you there for? You'll have more joy when it's during the week if you're there for longer than the weekend. Struggle to get a seat on opening weekend.
Friday to Monday, won't be drinking the whole time like, see some sights too

Oktoberfest is f***ing mint!
Titten all ower.
I remember being told that because the beer there is so pure you don't get a hang over.
I remember crouching on the floor of the shower in the ibis hotel in Munich, dry heaving what bile was left in my stomach the morning after a spectacular night there thinking whoever told me that was a bellsniff.

You wrote:

Worst of all were the once a year drinkers falling through tables and throwing food after being there just over an hour. If you don’t know how to drink, maybe a German beer festival isn’t for you.

Is it recommended to drink more slowly than we tend to do in the uk?
That quote relates to the Newcastle Oktoberfest and the part timers were pissed before they got there. No idea why you would get bladdered before a beer festival.
As a general rule, you are drinking 5% gear and will probably forget to eat so it would be sensible to take your time. I get the impression that the Germans only go for two to three hours but the Brits try and drink all day. The weight of the steins probably slows you down a bit anyway.
By day two, your pace will have slowed as you will be ruined.:lol:

Oktoberfest is f***ing mint!
Titten all ower.
I remember being told that because the beer there is so pure you don't get a hang over.
I remember crouching on the floor of the shower in the ibis hotel in Munich, dry heaving what bile was left in my stomach the morning after a spectacular night there thinking whoever told me that was a bellsniff.

The more alcohol you drink the more you piss leaving your body dehydrated.
The purity laws just mean they can't put any chemicals in it, still plenty of alcohol to cause the hangover.

I find that just 1% more alcohol can make a massive difference to me even drinking the same amount.

Fuck me, I have never been more ruined than travelling back from that. Thought my soul had left my body.
Told this tale many times but returned from mate's Stag Do in Munich and the lasses thought we'd had a massive falling out as we sat next to each other at work and didn't speak for a week.
We couldn't speak, I was a shell of my former self. Absolutely destroyed me.:lol:
Took us a good few years before we returned to Germany but we've been to Stuttgart and Dusseldorf and loved it. You need a good week to recover from a beer festival.

That quote relates to the Newcastle Oktoberfest and the part timers were pissed before they got there. No idea why you would get bladdered before a beer festival.
As a general rule, you are drinking 5% gear and will probably forget to eat so it would be sensible to take your time. I get the impression that the Germans only go for two to three hours but the Brits try and drink all day. The weight of the steins probably slows you down a bit anyway.
By day two, your pace will have slowed as you will be ruined.:lol:
I'd like to try it in Germany or Austria but not Newcastle!

Nowadays I tend to fall asleep after 2 pints anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back