Offside for interfering with play?

aupaalaves

Striker
Athletic Club Bilbao had a goal disallowed in the Copa del rey semi final against Granada. The reason being Iñaki Williams clearly being in an offside position and the ref judging him to be interfering with play without him touching the ball. Athletic coach Garitano is fuming with the decision.

Watch the video and give your opinion.

Offside for me. He's standing too close to the keeper not to be interfering and the little lift of his leg as the ball passes his suggests he's trying to distract the keeper.

Definitely offside.
You can't be that close to the goal directly in front of it and not be interfering. Either the keeper or a defender will/ should be having an eye on you just in case so therefore interfering.

Offside. Personally I think they should get rid of this whole "not interfering with play" bullshit. Wherever you are on the pitch a player/keeper will be keeping an eye on you, and thus affecting the game/play. Just because they are not affecting the game right there they will be when they are back onside and so players have to be wary of that, when they are offside still.

Put it back to how it used to be when offside was offside no matter what.

Offside. Personally I think they should get rid of this whole "not interfering with play" bullshit. Wherever you are on the pitch a player/keeper will be keeping an eye on you, and thus affecting the game/play. Just because they are not affecting the game right there they will be when they are back onside and so players have to be wary of that, when they are offside still.

Put it back to how it used to be when offside was offside no matter what.

As cloughie said, 'if you arent interfering with play then what are you doing on the pitch'

Back