Official FIFA 12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlm14

Striker
Released Sept 31st over here.

Demo released 13th Sept. Teams are Barcelona, Arsenal, Man City, Marseille, Dortmund and AC Milan. No word yet where Fabregas will be at on the demo. All demo games are 3 minutes each half and are played at the Etihad stadium.

Features

Some in-game cutscenes have been removed, such as those before throw-ins and corner kicks. Instead, a player will simply run to perform the task in question with no interruption.

Players will now be much more aware of their surroundings. As an example, players in possession near the touchline will understand their position, and keep tighter control of the ball to stop it running out of play. (Great feature)

Martin Tyler returns as the main commentator, with Alan Smith as co-commentator. A second English commentary team will be included in the form of ITV's Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, who will be used for tournament modes, though they can also be set as the default commentators.

In Career Mode manager's relationship with players and the media will play a larger role, with team selection, success, and salaries all affecting individual players' attitudes and morale, and the press picking up on injuries and unrest, all of which can impact performance on the pitch. Unhappy players can talk to the press and stir up interest from other clubs. Transfer targets will sometimes demand excessive wages if they think they can get away with it, and rival clubs will chance tempting your star players away for a bargain price. Each club will be assigned a particular transfer mentality, where the richest clubs will tend to concentrate on acquiring the very best players available, whereas smaller clubs may look more for youngsters, older players, and loans. The transfer window has been overhauled, with the last day being slowed down to progress on hours rather than days and featuring a ticking countdown clock as clubs hurry to complete last-minute deals. It will be possible to delay transfers until right up to the deadline in order to see how others pan out. (This sounds alot better, im sick of the computer transfers on FIFA 11, spoils it abit example Man UTD spending 22m on Agbonlahor)

Apparantly when online you can choose your team and lineup BEFORE you go into a game, which will be fantastic! Rather than having 40 seconds to do your team.

Been watching some videos this morning and it looks like its going to improve AGAIN. Cant wait me.

Aye going to look quality getting better bit by bit so by time next gen comes out will be spot on.

Ps its out the 30th ;)

Don't really care about career mode, doubt I'll ever play it.

As long as they've sorted out all the issues with clubs/pro ranked games and nerfed things like the lobbed through ball, defensive AI and finesse shots I'll be happy.

Don't really care about career mode, doubt I'll ever play it.

As long as they've sorted out all the issues with clubs/pro ranked games and nerfed things like the lobbed through ball, defensive AI and finesse shots I'll be happy.

^this. Lobbed through ball boils my piss. Hope they've sorted the stuttering on the online PS3 games too.

Demo released 13th Sept. Teams are Barcelona, Arsenal, Man City, Marseille, Dortmund and AC Milan. No word yet where Fabregas will be at on the demo. All demo games are 3 minutes each half and are played at the Etihad stadium.

Features

Some in-game cutscenes have been removed, such as those before throw-ins and corner kicks. Instead, a player will simply run to perform the task in question with no interruption.

Players will now be much more aware of their surroundings. As an example, players in possession near the touchline will understand their position, and keep tighter control of the ball to stop it running out of play. (Great feature)

Martin Tyler returns as the main commentator, with Alan Smith as co-commentator. A second English commentary team will be included in the form of ITV's Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, who will be used for tournament modes, though they can also be set as the default commentators.

In Career Mode manager's relationship with players and the media will play a larger role, with team selection, success, and salaries all affecting individual players' attitudes and morale, and the press picking up on injuries and unrest, all of which can impact performance on the pitch. Unhappy players can talk to the press and stir up interest from other clubs. Transfer targets will sometimes demand excessive wages if they think they can get away with it, and rival clubs will chance tempting your star players away for a bargain price. Each club will be assigned a particular transfer mentality, where the richest clubs will tend to concentrate on acquiring the very best players available, whereas smaller clubs may look more for youngsters, older players, and loans. The transfer window has been overhauled, with the last day being slowed down to progress on hours rather than days and featuring a ticking countdown clock as clubs hurry to complete last-minute deals. It will be possible to delay transfers until right up to the deadline in order to see how others pan out. (This sounds alot better, im sick of the computer transfers on FIFA 11, spoils it abit example Man UTD spending 22m on Agbonlahor)

Apparantly when online you can choose your team and lineup BEFORE you go into a game, which will be fantastic! Rather than having 40 seconds to do your team.

Been watching some videos this morning and it looks like its going to improve AGAIN. Cant wait me.

Like the sound of this. I hate when they change kick taker and your man is moved by default. Just crazy, hopefully this will be changed.

Rooney the fat headed twat already has it...he was on Twatter saying he got a copy last week

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UGhWFjtOo4&feature=feedu[/ame]

According to that we are only a 3.5* team
But then again they only have Man U as 4.5*

And here's a bit of Sunderland

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J-sNLT_U5I&feature=feedu[/ame]

Last edited:

who gives a shit ;)

Looks class, cant wait

doesnt look that different to me, although im not gonna get sucked into the annual hype suurounding this game only to find its 90 minutes of non stop pressure abusing, 5 at the back and 2 DM's, looks like you already have.

Features

that sounds class!

doesnt look that different to me, although im not gonna get sucked into the annual hype suurounding this game only to find its 90 minutes of non stop pressure abusing, 5 at the back and 2 DM's, looks like you already have.
To be fair to EA they can hardly fix people being mongs online and playing five at the back. While it's extremely cheap it is still a legitimate tactic.

I agree on the pressure abuse though. Stamina has to run out a lot quicker to stop teams running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes.

All them manager mode changes sound good, as I spend most of my time playing manager mode. Although they overhauled it last year and it was much better, it was still a bit shit for transfers and injuries being completely unrealistic.

There doesnt seem to be any major gameplay changes, just polished up a bit, made a bit smoother and it looks fantastic.

The problem EA have now is that the more realistic the game gets every year the less there is they can do to improve it, so each year is more like an upgrade rather than a new game.

Bendtner rated 79 :cool:

You can be sure he's lower on the full game playing for us. Sess was made 2/3 points worse after he signed for us in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back