Official Fifa 11, "I'm shit at the game" thread, please help (tips & tricks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saveloy Dip ©

I'm shit, cant even beat my son:evil:

Online Im shit aswell

It seems that whenever I get the ball there is always an opposition player really near to me but the other way round and my players are miles away hence loads of time for opponents to spray the ball around??

Also when you have the ball and want to play a through ball (L1 + triangle) how the fuck do you get a forward to make a run when you are not controlling him????

If you're finding yourself too open, it's probably because you're running a lot of players out of position. If you need to pressure a player, change to the player nearest to him rather than running someone out of position to do it. You don't need to charge the player every time. You can also hold circle to bring a second defender over to pressure, allowing you to cover any runs of strikers etc.

Tap L1 to trigger the player nearest to you to make a run, you can also do through-balls with just triangle... they don't all have to be off the ground, and often the ones on the floor are the most effective.

Make sure you use jostle too - it's left trigger on the 360 so I presume it's L2 on the PS3. This allows you to outmuscle people for headers, challenges, etc, and also makes it harder for your players to be done up by skill.

Most important tip is to pass safe rather than trying over-ambitious balls. Look for gaps rather than giving the ball back to the opposition ;)

I think the thing with this years FIFA is patience, slow build up, keep the ball, move it around and try to get the opposition out of position. Don't be afraid to go backwards either. Just hold onto the ball pass it around and keep your fingers off sprint untill you need it, if you are trying to sprint all the time then your passes will not be as accurate and neither will your control.

If you're finding yourself too open, it's probably because you're running a lot of players out of position. If you need to pressure a player, change to the player nearest to him rather than running someone out of position to do it. You don't need to charge the player every time. You can also hold circle to bring a second defender over to pressure, allowing you to cover any runs of strikers etc.

Tap L1 to trigger the player nearest to you to make a run, you can also do through-balls with just triangle... they don't all have to be off the ground, and often the ones on the floor are the most effective.

Make sure you use jostle too - it's left trigger on the 360 so I presume it's L2 on the PS3. This allows you to outmuscle people for headers, challenges, etc, and also makes it harder for your players to be done up by skill.

Most important tip is to pass safe rather than trying over-ambitious balls. Look for gaps rather than giving the ball back to the opposition ;)

Hmm what else does this button do.

The reason I ask is that I have changed my configuration and need to work out what button it is.

Never knew you could push a button to jostle, thought it was automatic :oops:

I'm shit, cant even beat my son:evil:

Online Im shit aswell

It seems that whenever I get the ball there is always an opposition player really near to me but the other way round and my players are miles away hence loads of time for opponents to spray the ball around??

Also when you have the ball and want to play a through ball (L1 + triangle) how the fuck do you get a forward to make a run when you are not controlling him????

do you want a game online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back