***Official Eurovision song contest 2014 thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading through it appears we/I was planning a SMB trip next year... it might explain why I had a suitcase out and filled it with clothes and beers :lol:...Also i think i might have poured a spirit over the suitcase rarther then put the bottle in :(
It's definitely on like isn't it? I'm still up for it. I'm still harbouring last nights euphoria and am game for owt.

Interesting comment here:

“There’s no limit to our outrage,” the Russian nationalist politician, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, told his country’s Rossiya-1 state television at the weekend. “It’s the end of Europe. It has turned wild. They don’t have men and women any more. They have ‘it’.

I wouldnt disagree with him. I'll over generalise but every young lad nowadays seems to be a puff. Their f***ing hair, the way they talk, mincing around the street with lasses rather than lads....rank.

How have we ended up as a nation of puffs?

Interesting comment here:

“There’s no limit to our outrage,” the Russian nationalist politician, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, told his country’s Rossiya-1 state television at the weekend. “It’s the end of Europe. It has turned wild. They don’t have men and women any more. They have ‘it’.

I wouldnt disagree with him. I'll over generalise but every young lad nowadays seems to be a puff. Their f***ing hair, the way they talk, mincing around the street with lasses rather than lads....rank.

How have we ended up as a nation of puffs?

When role model footballers got metro-sexual is my guess. Before that, wrongly or not, the impression of gay lads was as strongly stereotyped as that of 'proper blokes'. When we see a local, straight lad walking down the street in a NE mining village wearing a colourful sarong the mothership will have truly landed. :)

Last edited:
When role model footballers got metro-sexual is my guess. Before that, wrongly or not, the impression of gay lads was as strongly stereotyped as that of 'proper blokes'.
Slightly left field but prophesised by Tubeway Army way back in the late 70's.

"Love only boys that love only boys, the perfect picture of the boy girl age" - Praying To The Aliens.

Give it a million years and there may only be 1 sex!

Slightly left field but prophesised by Tubeway Army way back in the late 70's.

"Love only boys that love only boys, the perfect picture of the boy girl age" - Praying To The Aliens.

Give it a million years and there may only be 1 sex!

It is an interesting topic and could easily fill a thread on its own and I can see where you are coming from, too. I don't like to think that one day, even one million years from now, we will have merged into just one sex, how dull does that sound for future generations, but the possibility is probably there. Am more inclined to think that with the more openess about sexuality these days it is a lot easier for people to just be themselves and not hide away who they are, which makes 'puffs' more visable, I guess. But also, and that was what I was trying to say before, a lot comes down to simple fashion and whether or not everyone agrees with it, being slightly camp is fashionable these years. It will pass am sure just like any other craze. I just hope the openmindedness that came with it will last longer than the sarongs. I would rather have one love than one sex.

That photographer kid had it right about the future of humanity in Gregory's Girl. "No men, no women, just the whole world full of wankers." While they developed a pic of Dee Hepburn in the shower room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back