***Official 10th Anniversary C2C thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bump

I've started a bit training 20-30 mile on a Saturday am ,then about 10mile 2-3 times a week to the gym and back .

Quite enjoyable.

I think this will be my 6th c2c. Don't think I'll be off-roading hartside on that bike if it's been wet, but should manage Rookhope on it.

Cheers, might get back to you about that. Have a feeling my old man has some kevlar semi slicks that he won't notice if they go missing from his garage.
Never done it before or anything like it .

Bike I have is a hybrid with dead skinny wheels .Is this acceptable or shall I need another bike ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump

I've started a bit training 20-30 mile on a Saturday am ,then about 10mile 2-3 times a week to the gym and back .

Quite enjoyable.

Bike I have is a hybrid with dead skinny wheels .Is this acceptable or shall I need another bike ?

Dead skinny might mean you have to stick to the roads but I've done it about 4 times on a hybrid without a problem, even flying down the back of Whinlatter (SP?) on what is pretty rough ground.

Bump

Quite enjoyable.

as said above - dead skinny means you may have to do the road sections rather than the off-road. Only 3 bits that stick in my mind are:

Day 1 - Whinlatter
Day 2 - Hartside
Day 3 - Rookhope

but i have'nt done the off-road bits for years now so dont know what the tracks are like for deffo

as said above - dead skinny means you may have to do the road sections rather than the off-road. Only 3 bits that stick in my mind are:

Day 1 - Whinlatter
Day 2 - Hartside
Day 3 - Rookhope

but i have'nt done the off-road bits for years now so dont know what the tracks are like for deffo
Are all those above off /on road?

Thanks

Day 1 - Whinlatter
Day 2 - Hartside
Day 3 - Rookhope

Tbf you have to be a certified lunatic to do Hartside off road. I glanced at it once, laughed, then did the road as usual.

Tbf you have to be a certified lunatic to do Hartside off road. I glanced at it once, laughed, then did the road as usual.

first year i ever did the c2c i did the road all the way to that little 200 yard off-road stretch right before the cafe - i thought it would be quicker than busting my ass round the bend and up

never, ever, ever, ever again

Are all those above off /on road?

Thanks

I say the same thing every year, but the road crew really do miss out, as whinlatter forest descent and the grouse Moor are the best bits of the ride imho. How skinny is skinny? I've got 1.9 semi slicks that are worn into practically slicks now and the off road is no problem. It's more to do with how you ride and the weather tbh. If it's wet or you like to smash through everything then you really need mtb tyres. Can't see skinnies enjoying the Moor in a monsoon.

first year i ever did the c2c i did the road all the way to that little 200 yard off-road stretch right before the cafe - i thought it would be quicker than busting my ass round the bend and up

I've tried this a couple of times with the same result. Cursing and wheelies. Maybe with knobbly tyres on, but semis have zero traction.

I say the same thing every year, but the road crew really do miss out, as whinlatter forest descent and the grouse Moor are the best bits of the ride imho. How skinny is skinny? I've got 1.9 semi slicks that are worn into practically slicks now and the off road is no problem. It's more to do with how you ride and the weather tbh. If it's wet or you like to smash through everything then you really need mtb tyres. Can't see skinnies enjoying the Moor in a monsoon.

I've tried this a couple of times with the same result. Cursing and wheelies. Maybe with knobbly tyres on, but semis have zero traction.

my MTB back then had the knobbliest tyres in the world, still took me 15 mins to do it

:neutral:

Don't know I'll go in the Garage and have a look,stop there a minute.

Schwalbe Marathon 28x1.25, 700x32

Ooh I'll just nip up here and save half a mile...

Hoy some fatter ones on and enjoy the fun. You can still roll pretty fast on 1.9s, and if you're owt like me it won't matter as your average speed on the hills will be 3mph anyway.
I might get another bike,would like to try Keilder later in the year .

I just did my first 30 minute turbo session of the year and my lungs didn't implode, so I must be almost fit and well again. If anyone's interested, Decathlon are selling Bluetooth speed and cadence sensors that give your turbo trainer meaning, or give you cadence figures in your real bike for a ridiculous 14 quid.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/bluetooth-speed-cadence-sensor-cycle-computer-accessory-id_8348589.html

good spot, i was wondering how i would log my turbo sessions (if i ever take the damn thing out of the box).. was thinking i was just gonna have to just do manual 30 minute sessions on strava

I've done the full off road route a couple of times. One year the track was basically just a stream for the first half then the second half was a mud bath. I reckon it was physically the hardest thing I've ever done. Just to make it that bit harder I was on semi slicks with a bit air let out :lol:

Ooh I'll just nip up here and save half a mile...

Hoy some fatter ones on and enjoy the fun. You can still roll pretty fast on 1.9s, and if you're owt like me it won't matter as your average speed on the hills will be 3mph anyway.
I did the lot, apart from hartside on a CX with 700 33s No bother at all. Had to walk a bit up Rookhope but that was gearing/weakness rather than traction. Training sounds spot on, just bare in mind that the mileage isn't great but there are some big climbs so hills rather than distance will be your best friend.

good spot, i was wondering how i would log my turbo sessions (if i ever take the damn thing out of the box).. was thinking i was just gonna have to just do manual 30 minute sessions on strava
On the little bit I do on the turbo I just use you tube training videos, can normally hardly stand when I get off. This one kills me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back