***Official 10th Anniversary C2C thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reet, advice needed. Think I'm probably going to get an adventure road bike for the ride. Now having never owned a road bike and only ever had mountain bikes I've never bothered with the whole winter bike malarky. So the question is, should I get my new bike now or wait till Spring and just get a mountain bike for the next few months?

@no aim no luck

It's not that far man.

Right, a place has become available if anyone wants to join in the fun.
Scotty is still in two minds.

Reet, advice needed. Think I'm probably going to get an adventure road bike for the ride. Now having never owned a road bike and only ever had mountain bikes I've never bothered with the whole winter bike malarky. So the question is, should I get my new bike now or wait till Spring and just get a mountain bike for the next few months?

Scotty is still in two minds.
Try on here, mate:
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/2017-cycling-thread.1317193/

Been to Evans and Edinburgh Cycles today and decided on this:

https://www.edinburghbicycle.com/whyte-605-2017.html

Nowt flash but it'll do what I want. Decided against the adventure road bike cos I figured if I get back into cycling again then chances are I'm just going to end up in hamsterley most days off.

Can you get Bike2Work scheme at work?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO45650BGX1/on-one-45650b-sram-gx1-mountain-bike

A couple of lads I know have these, very good bikes. After B2W tax, you'll pay a similar amount or less than the Whyte you linked to.

Last edited:
Can you get Bike2Work scheme at work?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO45650BGX1/on-one-45650b-sram-gx1-mountain-bike

A couple of lads I know have these, very good bikes. After B2W tax, you'll pay a similar amount or less than the Whyte you linked to.
Nope. Last bike was on one of those schemes. Think I got 40% off

I thought full suspension was the thing for Hamsterley? Will be ideal for the C2C though.
Unless it's drastically changed, I regularly did the black from 2005-2011 on hardtails.

ugly, and overpriced

IMHO
You're wrong, it's beautiful, and it's mine.

Nope. Last bike was on one of those schemes. Think I got 40% off

Unless it's drastically changed, I regularly did the black from 2005-2011 on hardtails.

Couldn't tell you, don't do Hamma but all the lads, that I know who do, do it on fancy full sus bikes.

not sure i can be wrong with my opinion mind

;)

it's more than sufficient for the C2C (i've done 7 or 8 on a hardtail), its just not what i'd choose if i was going to do it first-time again

;)

it's more than sufficient for the C2C (i've done 7 or 8 on a hardtail), its just not what i'd choose if i was going to do it first-time again
Set of narrow tyres on it will be a doddle. Can probably lend him some armoured specialized ones if @Baloo wants?

;)

I think this will be my 6th c2c. Don't think I'll be off-roading hartside on that bike if it's been wet, but should manage Rookhope on it.

Set of narrow tyres on it will be a doddle. Can probably lend him some armoured specialized ones if @Baloo wants?
Cheers, might get back to you about that. Have a feeling my old man has some kevlar semi slicks that he won't notice if they go missing from his garage.

Last edited:
I think this will be my 6th c2c. Don't think I'll be off-roading hartside on that bike if it's been wet, but should manage Rookhope on it.

Cheers, might get back to you about that. Have a feeling my old man has some kevlar semi slicks that he won't notice if they go missing from his garage.
My semi slicks are worn to just slicks now, which will make the back of Whinlatter interesting if it's wet. Mind, after seeing @Or Well George's spectacular near fatal stack last year I'm a little hesitant about giving it full beans down there.

Edit: Am I fuck.

Reactions: mux

Good because I've just remembered you're on 27.5" wheels, :oops: and these were 26"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back