Office/work-based things that make you want to get up in the morning

Dirty smelly uncomfortable workplace. Having to deal with the public who think they own you. Bad bosses terrible working hours and conditions. 40 min break in a 10 hour shift that's all I get. The only 3 upsides to my job are I get a decent salary with final salary pension at the end and I don't work weekends but the weekend bit is only because if my illness otherwise I'd be working 2 out of 3 weekends.

Being told by your boss that there's no more work for you to do and they've hired someone permanent to take over, then you pointing out that you signed a contract until March 20th and you'll want it paying up in full if they want you to leave.

Gerrin.

Have they agreed to pay you till then?

I work with a lovely group of people (for the most part), don't mind my job, work from home when I want and get to travel to some nice places (Tuscany, India, New York) which I can tag a holiday on to sometimes.

Having said that if I didn't have to work for the money I'd never think about the place again.
I like my job, it’s challenging. However if I could I’d quit tomorrow. It pays well so I’m hooked

Work from home, flexible working. Autonomous working. Remotely managed. No line manager responsibilities, with the same pay for the grade.

Back