Office chair

You could get one of those that have the paper sign Sellotaped on.

There’s (an empty) one in every open plan office for the woman who is off sick today and the note will say something like “Do NOT use this chair. It is for Mary Watts’ use only. By order of Occupational Health (signed Mary Watts)”

You could get one of those that have the paper sign Sellotaped on.

There’s (an empty) one in every open plan office for the woman who is off sick today and the note will say something like “Do NOT use this chair. It is for Mary Watts’ use only. By order of Occupational Health (signed Mary Watts)”

We're not even allowed to take out office chair home ... likewise monitors. We can however take home our K/B and mouse but thats the limit

If I could have afford one that’s where I would have started.

I opted for this is the end plus one of their desks:

If he could afford one he wouldn’t be asking for advice on here, well that’s my thinking.

Although with similar threads he could set a budget and people will still suggest something twice the price.

That’s how entertaining this forum is, if it was a ‘look at my new office chair’, thread there would be plenty saying how shit it is without ever sitting in one.

Delivered for about £75

I've got one and it's canny. Not as comfortable as more expensive ones but for the price it's good value.

If he could afford one he wouldn’t be asking for advice on here, well that’s my thinking.

Although with similar threads he could set a budget and people will still suggest something twice the price.

That’s how entertaining this forum is, if it was a ‘look at my new office chair’, thread there would be plenty saying how shit it is without ever sitting in one.

In my defence I did ask if he had a budget and did qualify that the brands were expensive. If his budget was £200-300ish he could get a second hand one.

I would like to get one as i do suffer from back pain and they have the benefit of lumber support which a lot of others (cheaper) brands do not. If sitting you are sitting at desk all day then it could be cheaper to fork out for a decent chair compared to A chiropractor. That is of course you can get up and way from your desk regularly as main issue is being sat at your desk for too long a duration in the wrong position.

In my defence I did ask if he had a budget and did qualify that the brands were expensive. If his budget was £200-300ish he could get a second hand one.

I would like to get one as i do suffer from back pain and they have the benefit of lumber support which a lot of others (cheaper) brands do not. If sitting you are sitting at desk all day then it could be cheaper to fork out for a decent chair compared to A chiropractor. That is of course you can get up and way from your desk regularly as main issue is being sat at your desk for too long a duration in the wrong position.

He has been using a dining table chair anything would be an upgrade.
Personally I’d be paying to get my back sorted than buy an expensive chair.

Any recommendations to getting a decent one online ?

Dining room table chair starting to knack the back

Cheers

A few at my work have had the same issue. I am lucky as my man cave from where I work from home already had a decent office chair.

Daft question, can you not go to your office and collect the chair you use there and take it home?

I've been wanting a computer chair for a while. Tried a few in John Lewis. As OP'er i just use a dining chair at present, and its rubbing ruts in the carpet, with pushing back so was hoping to get a chair with sled like rails to save the wear on carpet. I have to try it for comfort though. I wouldn't buy without trying. I'm sure this dining chair is responsible for my neck muscles being stiff as hell.

Back