Office chair

I've been wanting a computer chair for a while. Tried a few in John Lewis. As OP'er i just use a dining chair at present, and its rubbing ruts in the carpet, with pushing back so was hoping to get a chair with sled like rails to save the wear on carpet. I have to try it for comfort though. I wouldn't buy without trying. I'm sure this dining chair is responsible for my neck muscles being stiff as hell.

If you get a standard office chair on castors, you can also get a carpet protector to prevent damage.

I've been wanting a computer chair for a while. Tried a few in John Lewis. As OP'er i just use a dining chair at present, and its rubbing ruts in the carpet, with pushing back so was hoping to get a chair with sled like rails to save the wear on carpet. I have to try it for comfort though. I wouldn't buy without trying. I'm sure this dining chair is responsible for my neck muscles being stiff as hell.
check this out mate at currys

If I could have afford one that’s where I would have started.

I opted for this is the end plus one of their desks:

That looks about the best option for me on this thread. How did you find it @Osklen ?
Is that material for the seat pad, or a leather type cover? I really want something cool for summers, so leather pads are out!

That looks about the best option for me on this thread. How did you find it @Osklen ?
Is that material for the seat pad, or a leather type cover? I really want something cool for summers, so leather pads are out!

It’s a padded seat with a mesh back. Think you can buy it with or with head rest and reclining leg support. Seat is quite heavy so feels sturdy so think it’s ok.

Set up a search on ebay for 2nd hand Herman Miller Aerons, they look excellent - mesh back and bottom, so no sweaty arse, and no foam pad to wear out.

Couldn't you nip into the office and bring back your chair?
On the last day before lockdown I loaded mine into the car. No chance I could sit at a normal chair at the table.

We could take anything we liked chairs, monitors etc

Didn't take the chair and desk fan, regretting it now.

I asked if I could buy a really good chair myself (say £500) and pay the company back over a year .... I'm waiting for a reply.

Just found out last week they don't expect a return until September!

We could take anything we liked chairs, monitors etc
Didn't take the chair and desk fan, regretting it now.
I asked if I could buy a really good chair myself (say £500) and pay the company back over a year .... I'm waiting for a reply.
Just found out last week they don't expect a return until September!
We're not expecting to be back in "normally" until next year by the looks of things.

Back