Off to Benidorm

Weather will be great, it's still reasonably priced.

All depends what you are after? If it's a piss up, Tiki Beach, Jumping Jacks and the like are busy during the day, the square and the places around it busy on a night.
Old town is great for a wander and the food that end is good in most places.

What hotel / apartments?

Careful when paying for anything in cash. A common scam is if you hand over a 20 Euro note (or a 50), they give you change for a 10 (or 20) and insist that's what you gave them. The British pubs are among the worst culprits. If you make an issue, the bouncers'll hoy you out.

Best wear an England shirt just to let everyone know your English,and take extra money as the con men who want brexit and have trashed the pound mean everything now costs 25% more 🦃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Weather will be great, it's still reasonably priced.

All depends what you are after? If it's a piss up, Tiki Beach, Jumping Jacks and the like are busy during the day, the square and the places around it busy on a night.
Old town is great for a wander and the food that end is good in most places.

What hotel / apartments?
exactly what were after, were staying in a cheap hotel called the Hotel Boutique Center BBB in the old town, reviews are hit and miss but were gonna be out all day and night so just sleeping there is all thats for.
Best wear an England shirt just to let everyone know your English,and take extra money as the con men who want brexit and have trashed the pound mean everything now costs 25% more 🦃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
oh no that 1 euro pint will cost 1.25
Careful when paying for anything in cash. A common scam is if you hand over a 20 Euro note (or a 50), they give you change for a 10 (or 20) and insist that's what you gave them. The British pubs are among the worst culprits. If you make an issue, the bouncers'll hoy you out.
cheers for the heads up mate, Im a right bastard when it comes to these sort of things so ill be making sure ive got plenty of change otherwise ill be getting thrown out alot of places ha

Last edited:
exactly what were after, were staying in a cheap hotel called the Hotel Boutique Center BBB in the old town, reviews are hit and miss but were gonna be out all day and night so just sleeping there is all thats for.

cheers for the heads up mate, Im a right bastard when it comes to these sort of things so ill be making sure ive got plenty of change otherwise ill be getting thrown out alot of places ha
2 people going for 4 days isn't going to matter much,a family of 4/5/6 going for 10-14 days it does,and this is now the 4th summer since the turkeys voted,easily an extra £1000 -£1500 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦃🙄

That's a right random hotel, know where it's located, but wasn't aware of it!
Five minutes wander through the streets into the old town proper. Head through the old town down onto the Levante sea front and you'll find Tiki Town and carry along the front from there.

On a night, if you are wanting to get into the new town go onto the main Av Rei. Jaume and get a taxi, about €8 @Dodgy is the fella to point you in the right direction.

That's a right random hotel, know where it's located, but wasn't aware of it!
Five minutes wander through the streets into the old town proper. Head through the old town down onto the Levante sea front and you'll find Tiki Town and carry along the front from there.

On a night, if you are wanting to get into the new town go onto the main Av Rei. Jaume and get a taxi, about €8 @Dodgy is the fella to point you in the right direction.

It's only a 15-20 minute walk to the new town. Nice enough hotel, really.

Tiki Town is on Calle de Gerona. It's Tiki Beach that you're thinking of on the beach. (It's not actually called Tiki Beach any more, because it lost its name with the change of license. It doesn't even have a name any more but nothing much has changed after the refurbishment. It's still a sh*thole).
Me and the lass (no) just booked for 4 days next week for a little cheap piss up break.

Whos been before and whats the best stories yous have....surely there must be a few

(also if anyone has been, any recommendations?)

As has already been said, I live here.

Can't really say what's good for you unless I know what you like.

If it's just a p*ss up, there's loads of places for that. Uncle Peds, next to the back of The Ambassador is the cheapest food and drink in town and its terrace is chocker both day and night.

If you want to stay fairly local to the old town, Pig n Whistle is just down the road from you and is a canny little bar.

If you want entertainment, there's loads but prices are a bit higher to pay for the acts. Let me know what your thing is and I'll give you a better idea what's about.
Been once and it was shit. Never again.

It's only shit if you go to the parts that aren't suitable for your particular tastes. There's something for everyone here, if you know where to look.

Last edited:
Been once, didn't expect much but it was canny. Just a four day pissup in the sun with my mates.

Collapsed on the plane on the way home and split my head open. Came round lying in my own blood with a load of concerned faces standing over me. Got to sit right at the back of the plane for the rest of the journey home, then an ambulance picked me up as soon as I was off the plane at the airport. Literally at the bottom of the steps :lol:

Don't think I'm allowed back.

Tiki Town is on Calle de Gerona. It's Tiki Beach that you're thinking of on the beach. (It's not actually called Tiki Beach any more, because it lost its name with the change of license. It doesn't even have a name any more but nothing much has changed after the refurbishment. It's still a sh*thole).

If it's just a p*ss up, there's loads of places for that. Uncle Peds, next to the back of The Ambassador is the cheapest food and drink in town and its terrace is chocker both day and night.

If you want to stay fairly local to the old town, Pig n Whistle is just down the road from you and is a canny little bar.

If you want entertainment, there's loads but prices are a bit higher to pay for the acts. Let me know what your thing is and I'll give you a better idea what's about.

It's only shit if you go to the parts that aren't suitable for your particular tastes. There's something for everyone here, if you know where to look.
:lol:

Tiki Town is the one nearest the old town on the front, you're thinking of Tiki City on Calle Gerona. ;)

Good shout on Uncle Peds, that's our normal meet up place.

We're over the back end of September.

cheers for the knowledge mate.

so both in our late 20s, 4 days for a cheap piss up and open to anything entertainment wise. lively and fun day thoughout but also cheap drinks during the day while were out. Entertainment wise to be more specific we've never been before so want to experience the daft benidorm style so if that means seeing sticky whoever it is, to a seeing a live band as said, open to everything

Back