Off to Amsterdam tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, ignore this completely. Go directly to the red I light district and don't leave it til it's time to go home. Spend all your time bouncing around the the bars and coffee shops and looking at the birds in the windows in between.
Sketchy as fuck down there at 4/5am like.

We were there last tues - thursday, thought it was topper, we`d gone over to see a band like so didnt really do the tourist thing, couple of irish bars near us had some cannt beer on mind! was pissed as a rat on wednesday nite :D

Get tripped off ya nut on truffles. I did it last time I went and it wasn't good at all in the long run.

I came home and could say I've done it good thou, it was the last thing to tick off after previous trips.

Love Amsterdam me & the wife (nor) been couple times stay round Rembrandtplein plenty food & bar places.
Love the record shops, people always spot on I find. Oh and everyone speaks English better than me.
Watch the bikes tho :D:D

Go to the Leidseplein. It s a 15 minute walk from Dam Square. It's a bustling square with plenty of bars and eateries and when we were there there was street entertainers walking round the tables and it was a friendly atmosphere.

Just worth noting that it's also incredibly expensive as it's a massive tourist trap. Nice to pass through though.

Sketchy as fuck down there at 4/5am like.
Not generally still out at that time if you've been on the piss since morning though. But also dodgy much earlier. Make sure there are a few of you and stick together.
And don't fall in the canal outside of Excalibur with dozens of people watching.

Not generally still out at that time if you've been on the piss since morning though. But also dodgy much earlier. Make sure there are a few of you and stick together.
And don't fall in the canal outside of Excalibur with dozens of people watching.
Think we'd been out twenty odd hours when we got dropped off there by taxi from what I think was a peanut factory. Loads of African gangs on the prowl and gambling in the street like 80s New York City. Only thing missing was a bin on fire.

The only city in the world where I have been genuinely lost. Decided to have a wander around and a few drinks and couldn't find my way back to the hotel. No map. Every junction / canal / bridge looked the fecking same.

Walked around for ages and in the end I decided to get a taxi.

The hotel was literally about 2 minutes away.

The only city in the world where I have been genuinely lost. Decided to have a wander around and a few drinks and couldn't find my way back to the hotel. No map. Every junction / canal / bridge looked the fecking same.

Walked around for ages and in the end I decided to get a taxi.

The hotel was literally about 2 minutes away.
I was once sitting in a bar, baked to fuckery and utterly lost. One of the lads pipes up that he knew where the taxi rank was and I remember thinking "there's no way you do cos we are LOST" and started to get a bit panicky. He then led us out the bar, round one corner and we were at the rank in Dam square. Turned out we were in the first bar you come to in the red light, but I was so fucked I thought we had wandered miles away.

I went when we played in the Ajax tournament for five days. We flew there and when we came out of the rail station to get a taxi to our hotel I realised I'd left the piece of paper with the hotel details in the car which was parked at East Midlands airport.
What to do as I couldn't remember the name of the hotel. We walked with our cases I to the centre and ended up in the Grasshopper pub. I rang my daughter and asked her to access my iPad and get the name of the hotel when she finished work.
Six pints later she rang with the name of the hotel and the good ladies behind the bar directed us to the hotel which we somehow managed to stagger to.

Get yourself to Brouwerij't IJ, you can buy a taster board for 9 euro which is lusherooney. They sell their beers in virtually every bar in the city as well so there's no better place to start the weekend than finding out which ones you're going to sup. :cool:

Logon or register to see this image
Been here, it's good.

Amsterdam had changed so much since the last time I was there a few years back. I went a couple of weeks back and it was quiet with a lot of places having closed down and tighter restrictions implemented.

P.s. Get yourself some Greenhouse special.

Nor!

Thank you all for your suggestions, not one recommendation for a museum :lol:
There's a weed museum where you can see them grow some plants and smoke a vaporiser. And there's a sex museum too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back