Off til the new year

Finish tomorrow until the 2nd. Have to use 3 days holiday but its 4 this year the way it falls. I offered to come in 24th but they wouldn't allow me to do so. Saying that i've not had much to do this week and none of the sites and suppliers are back until the 7th, so it'll be very quiet when im back in, most the office are taking that week off but all my holidays are accounted for already next year :lol:

Working every day apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

However, this is a mere technicality due to remote working and the fact that none of our clients will be at work, therefore i’ll have nothing to do.

Was I fuck going to use up my holiday allowance for that. Going away for a week on January 15th.
I’ve got the 30th and 31st off between the 23rd and 5th. Going to have a lot of drinking to cram in on the 30th.

I’ve got the 30th and 31st off between the 23rd and 5th. Going to have a lot of drinking to cram in on the 30th.

Planning on doing daft on Boxing Day for the match...then logging on first thing the morning after to check work before jumping on the train back. Ugh.

Missing my cousin's (LT) wedding on the 28th as well.

Planning on doing daft on Boxing Day for the match...then logging on first thing the morning after to check work before jumping on the train back. Ugh.

Missing my cousin's (LT) wedding on the 28th as well.
Seems to me like you could probably get away with being mortal while working from home?

Shite that like.

Seems to me like you could probably get away with being mortal while working from home?

Shite that like.

Most days I'll do some bits in the morning (check in, have a conference call) and i'll know by about midday if there'll be any work to do.

I just can't assume there's nowt happening and write off entire days that's all. A wedding was out of the question, for example.

Couldn’t be in a job where you have to keep holidays back for Xmas like. I’ll have me holidays when the sun is melting the pavement thanks.
20+ flexi days this year :cool:
I Can take them when i want but this week or so is full of early finishes and unofficial half days so daft to waste holiday time on then .25 days plus bank hols for me :cool:

Should have stuck in at school mate.
Most of my class have been off since summer 1979

Most days I'll do some bits in the morning (check in, have a conference call) and i'll know by about midday if there'll be any work to do.

I just can't assume there's nowt happening and write off entire days that's all. A wedding was out of the question, for example.
Fuck it. Probably going to be tennis themed.

Flying back from the Netherlands tonight, easy day working from home tomorrow, then laptop and phone switched off at 4:30 Friday until 8:30am on Monday 7th Jan.

Can’t wait to get fatter!

I'm sat having a few beers. I'm not technically finished but I'm Self employed and pretty much do the hours I want. I'll prob be off til Thurs now and do a bit on Thurs and Fri then be off again til Thurs. Even coming in is good crack to be honest, work in a brewery / pub with class people and coming to work is never a chore, unless hungover but even then I'm working with fellow hungover people so we just crack on.

Finish tomorrow until the 2nd. Have to use 3 days holiday but its 4 this year the way it falls. I offered to come in 24th but they wouldn't allow me to do so. Saying that i've not had much to do this week and none of the sites and suppliers are back until the 7th, so it'll be very quiet when im back in, most the office are taking that week off but all my holidays are accounted for already next year :lol:
We used to have to keep 3 days back to cover the Christmas break but being dead generous and that work decided from this year the time off won't affect holiday allowance.

We used to have to keep 3 days back to cover the Christmas break but being dead generous and that work decided from this year the time off won't affect holiday allowance.

Dont mind taking 3 days, but we only found out we had to take 4 days off last month. Just as well i had 1 left. I'd rather them just give us 22 days holiday a year rather than say 25 and you need to take 3 for Christmas.

This is my last Christmas as an employee, I retire in June. Finish tomorrow at 5pm, back on 3rd Jan. Nice little break away in Windermere in-between Christmas and New Year. Bring it on!

Back