Odeon Saturday Mornings 1970's

larrysimon

Goalkeeper
Any other junior patrons of the Odeon on a Saturday morning thro the early 70's ?................. me and my brother watched some GREAT films.

Classics all of them ................. loads of kids stuff like Tom & Jerry with some heavy hitters like Guns of Navarone .........

Aye i used to go. Won a few competions. One was for a dinosaur i made with plasticine. I can remember a band playing once and getting booed off by hundreds of kids while singing house of the rising sun.

Any other junior patrons of the Odeon on a Saturday morning thro the early 70's ?................. me and my brother watched some GREAT films.

Classics all of them ................. loads of kids stuff like Tom & Jerry with some heavy hitters like Guns of Navarone .........
Spent more time chucking sweets about than watching that shite from the British Film Foundation they used to put on, still went every Saturday though:lol:

The ABC had it too.

Never went to the ABC my Dad said there's rats in there!

Used to go there in the late 50s and early 60s, 6d (3p) downstairs, 9d (4p) upstairs. Cartoons, serial, singalong and the big film. Remember that one serial was a black and white budget Superman, who was always diving out of windows. Entered a fancy dress competition as a Chinaman and won another with a fancy hat. Never went to the Ritz either. Innocent times.

Spent more time chucking sweets about than watching that shite from the British Film Foundation they used to put on, still went every Saturday though:lol:

Never went to the ABC my Dad said there's rats in there!

I remember going to see Rocky there in the 80s and there was a mouse running about and loads of lasses were screaming and climbing on their chairs. A big fat employee came a s stamped on it and carried it out by the tail.

Never saw any rats though :lol:

Used to go to the Concorde flea pit in the 80’s on Saturday morning. They had weird shit on like Chico the Rainmaker :lol:

I think the ABC minors was what the ABC one was. Used to go to that then get a bag of willicks from the fish place and chuck the shells out of the bus windows at people on the way home

Aye used to go to the one in Holmeside but got nee idea what year. .was 11 in '77 so somewhere round there...
Chico Chico the rainmaker and the Honeycombs (Have I the Right) are the only things I can remember....

Back