Odd browser behaviour when posting

When I tap in the text box to write something or if I’ve clicked to quote someone, I get locked into that box. The ‘done’ button in the browser doesn’t work to hide the keyboard. If I tap the notification bell icon, that releases other functions, but more and more recently, I can’t even scroll up to click on that for a minute or so (and I’m not attempting to scroll within the text box).
Once I’ve pressed the notification button, the done button and other functions works as normal again.

Using Chrome on iPhone.

Remarkably, it doesn’t seem to occur if I’m creating a new thread.

That sounds a little bit similar to what @Steak Pie is seeing but App/Chrome on Android in his case.

Nothing significant has changed on the RTG servers for a couple of months now and the message board software itself is also unchanged.
A lot of this is pointing towards bodged releases of Chrome which happen with annoying regularity, but I am not seeing it mentioned on xenforo.com support forums.

I don't have an iPhone to test with, but if anyone else is seeing this could you give me the details, including the versions of Chrome and iOS in use.

I did consider it mighty be related to adverts too, but as you are a Contributor and won't be getting them, that can be ruled out.

Last edited:

Back