Oculus Quest 2

Could be something to look into

Wow, nice!!

Tempted by one one these.

A bit pissed off that the gaming laptop I paid £1,500 for less than two years ago can't run games in VR since it's only got a 1050 graphics card.

What would be perfect is if they could make this work with GeForce Now - then you could play high end games in VR without the need for a high end pc.

Tempted by one one these.

A bit pissed off that the gaming laptop I paid £1,500 for less than two years ago can't run games in VR since it's only got a 1050 graphics card.

What would be perfect is if they could make this work with GeForce Now - then you could play high end games in VR without the need for a high end pc.

Grab on they are amazing!

Not good about the 1050 but suppose even a couple of years back it was a mid range card wasn’t it.

Swarm is pretty fun, flying about on grappling hooks shooting stuff.

Just got Sport Mode from the App Lab the other day, pretty cool.....it's an open sandbox where you can create stuff and mess around.

Upgraded from the the original Quest a few weeks ago, old games look a lot sharper on it and some of the new games like Population One look great. Looking forward to seeing how far they can go with the tech, I'd like to see some little sensors you put round your feet or ankles to be made then it opens up more potential for kicking motions etc. A football game in VR would be cool.
Has it helped reduce motion sickness and are they much lighter?

I've never had issues with motion sickness so can't comment unfortunately. Been reading the specs and it says the quest 2 is about 60g lighter.
Not that much, but if the weight is distributed better that should make a difference. The battery tends to weigh your head down on the first version, do you get that with OQ2?

Not that much, but if the weight is distributed better that should make a difference. The battery tends to weigh your head down on the first version, do you get that with OQ2?
No not really, I often use a battery pack that I connect to the back of the strap so that counter balances the weight anyway. The controllers are about 10% bigger as well I'd say.

I haven't used a quest one but the quest 2 is very comfortable to wear and doesn't seem unbalanced. I use the elite strap or whatever its called though rather than the one that came with it.

As much as I like my quest I find I'm not using it much. I love wasting money on tech me. :lol:

I did the same with an Oculus Rift S. Spent months trying to buy one at the beginning of lockdown, played on it a few times for a month, then sold it for slightly more than I bought it for. And now I want another one :lol:

I did the same with an Oculus Rift S. Spent months trying to buy one at the beginning of lockdown, played on it a few times for a month, then sold it for slightly more than I bought it for. And now I want another one :lol:
I've got Half Life Alyx and Skyrim for it and they're both class but I find I can only play them in short bursts so don't bother much. I quite like watching films on it like.

Back