Oculus Quest 2

Tried using virtual desktop but we don't have great Internet here. It is playable but will hopefully be better when I try it with a cable connection.

Aye if your wifi struggles you will have issues with PC games as you need a decent stable connection. Cable will be better!
Going with the usb cable from headset to pc. Let me know how you get on
Aye I'll buy one of those if need be but wireless would be great.

this one does the trick rather than the official one:

Got one last week. Mental. Totally bonkers. Got Zero VR, Flightsim2020 & Project Cars 2 all running great in VR so far. Am blown away by everything at the moment!

Are you connecting wireless or with a link cable?
Well, fs & pc2 are played at my pc desk so I connect with the wire via Oc. Link. I did give wireless pc games a quick go with virtual desktop but I don’t think I had it set up properly and the frame rate was pish. I only realised recently you don’t need to run VD if you’re connecting using the wire.

Well, fs & pc2 are played at my pc desk so I connect with the wire via Oc. Link. I did give wireless pc games a quick go with virtual desktop but I don’t think I had it set up properly and the frame rate was pish. I only realised recently you don’t need to run VD if you’re connecting using the wire.
Aye. I'm trying to use VD but not having much success so I reckon I'll need a link cable.

You’ve got the oculus pc app right? That needs to be running to play steam be games wirelessly via VD... I think. Like I say, all my Steam VR games can be played sitting down so don’t really ‘need’ to be wireless & zero vr is played in the headset only so doesn’t need VD or the Oc. PC app.

You’ve got the oculus pc app right? That needs to be running to play games wirelessly via VD... I think. Like I say, all my Steam VR games can be played sitting down so don’t really ‘need’ to be wireless & zero vr is played in the headset only so doesn’t need VD or the Oc. PC app.
Aye I've managed to get it working but the latency and frame rate were crap. I've got a few setting to try that I saw on a YouTube video but I reckon I'll be best off with the link cable.

Pavlov Shack is available for free now through App Lab.

Came across another game on there for free called Virtuoso, pretty cool music making app. Here's what someone managed to create on it:

Pavlov Shack is available for free now through App Lab.

Came across another game on there for free called Virtuoso, pretty cool music making app. Here's what someone managed to create on it:

Had a quick bash on Pavlov Shack and was quite impressed. Be cool to form a rtg group on it.
There is a 25% code which you can claim from their mobile site.
Code is mobile25
Pretty good vr bundle on humblebundle

Last edited:
Does this cable look OK to link my laptop to my Quest 2? It says is is compatible but is cheaper than others I have looked at so I don't want to be in a buy shite, buy twice situation but don't want to fork out for the official cable if I can avoid it.

Might be a little on the short size mate. I ended up connecting my laptop directly to the router and it worked perfectly with virtual desktop

Might be a little on the short size mate. I ended up connecting my laptop directly to the router and it worked perfectly with virtual desktop
I still haven't tried that. Will give that a go first.

Just tried this and did the first chapter on Half Life : Alyx. Was pleased with how it ran so will hold off on the link cable for now until I've played more.

Last edited:
I still haven't tried that. Will give that a go first.

Just tried this and did the first chapter on Half Life : Alyx. Was pleased with how it ran so will hold off on the link cable for now until I've played more.

Could be something to look into

Could be something to look into
I'll have a read mate mate cheers.

Back