Oculus Quest 2

Just bought one. Ended up just getting the 64gb one as that will be enough for me I would think. Bought the elite strap as well as reviews suggest it's much better than the standard one. Picking it up from Peterlee after work.

Do you not need a PC for that?

Found a way to sideload things using my phone rather than a PC. Cheers!

No probs! We just use a non-gaming laptop as we only use it to stream to the telly so we can see what's going on when we're taking turns on Beat Saber. I believe you can use it through the headset too but our lass (no) is the one who usually does all the fannying about.

Half-life. Holy shit! Amazing.
Been playing it my self and it really is class.

The gun play is awesome, just unlocked a sight for my pistol and a laser for the shot gun.

This is also canny considering it is free

Last edited:
A few questions for the lads who have these already as I am probably going to order one this week now.

Is the 64GB one big enough? £100 quid saving is tempting over the 256GB.
The official cable to link to PC is expensive. Is there a good quality alternative that anyone has used.
The elite strap/Elite strap with battery. Is there any need for either of these or are people finding the standard strap ok?

A few questions for the lads who have these already as I am probably going to order one this week now.

Is the 64GB one big enough? £100 quid saving is tempting over the 256GB.
The official cable to link to PC is expensive. Is there a good quality alternative that anyone has used.
The elite strap/Elite strap with battery. Is there any need for either of these or are people finding the standard strap ok?

Can't comment on the elite strap as I don't have one but do want one (the built in strap isn't great) - storage is a matter of how you'll use it. Most Quest games from the store are quite small and you can fit a lot on there. If you're gonna fill it with movies though then it'll fill up quicker and the extra £100 might be worth it with no expandable storage. Some of those 8k mucky vids can be quite big..... I got this cable and it works perfect on my Q2 and Steam VR: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0879DGZ5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't comment on the elite strap as I don't have one but do want one (the built in strap isn't great) - storage is a matter of how you'll use it. Most Quest games from the store are quite small and you can fit a lot on there. If you're gonna fill it with movies though then it'll fill up quicker and the extra £100 might be worth it with no expandable storage. Some of those 8k mucky vids can be quite big..... I got this cable and it works perfect on my Q2 and Steam VR: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0879DGZ5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cheers. Can I log directly into Netflix etc from the device and does it have a Web browser built in?

Back