Oculus Quest 2

Upgraded from the the original Quest a few weeks ago, old games look a lot sharper on it and some of the new games like Population One look great. Looking forward to seeing how far they can go with the tech, I'd like to see some little sensors you put round your feet or ankles to be made then it opens up more potential for kicking motions etc. A football game in VR would be cool.

Upgraded from the the original Quest a few weeks ago, old games look a lot sharper on it and some of the new games like Population One look great. Looking forward to seeing how far they can go with the tech, I'd like to see some little sensors you put round your feet or ankles to be made then it opens up more potential for kicking motions etc. A football game in VR would be cool.
Did/do you get any motion sickness with yours? I'm struggling with that atm, feel dizzy for a few hours after using it.

I have a PSVR which I barely use because it is a faff on to set up with the wires. The quest looks much better but I need to stop wasting so much money on tech. Has anybody used both a PSVR and a Quest 2? How do they compare as a user experience?

I have a PSVR which I barely use because it is a faff on to set up with the wires. The quest looks much better but I need to stop wasting so much money on tech. Has anybody used both a PSVR and a Quest 2? How do they compare as a user experience?

I sold my PSVR and got a Quest 2. I prefer the Quest in every way. The games are more like arcade-style games and you can only play the AAA games the PSVR can if you have a powerful enough PC. But I don't really think VR is quite there yet, and I only really play for an hour at a time max. What makes it better for me is ease of use, no wires make all the difference. I never used my PSVR as it was such a chore to set up and tear down but you just pop the Quest on and you're ready to go. There are some great fitness apps and if you use sidequest you can get a load of games for free. The ability to put custom songs on beat saber was worth spending the extra money. Only negative is you need a Facebook account linked to the Quest, and they have a very questionable record when it comes to data and privacy; it doesn't really bother me as I already had an account but some people are furious about it with the potential for Facebook to see inside your home etc.

I sold my PSVR and got a Quest 2. I prefer the Quest in every way. The games are more like arcade-style games and you can only play the AAA games the PSVR can if you have a powerful enough PC. But I don't really think VR is quite there yet, and I only really play for an hour at a time max. What makes it better for me is ease of use, no wires make all the difference. I never used my PSVR as it was such a chore to set up and tear down but you just pop the Quest on and you're ready to go. There are some great fitness apps and if you use sidequest you can get a load of games for free. The ability to put custom songs on beat saber was worth spending the extra money. Only negative is you need a Facebook account linked to the Quest, and they have a very questionable record when it comes to data and privacy; it doesn't really bother me as I already had an account but some people are furious about it with the potential for Facebook to see inside your home etc.

I have a new gaming laptop with decent specs so would be able to play the AAA games if I wanted. I already have facebook so no problem there. How is the resolution compared to the PSVR?

Used both, never liked the PSVR that much, really enjoyed the Quest! Never tried the Quest 2, but I'm tempted...

Do you need a pc for the quest 2? Can young kids play on it?

I've had a quest one for ages and I had PSVR its so much better with standalone PSVR had loads better games but the tracking and cables pit me off and hardly ever used it.

Plus you can if u have q gaming pc use the quest 2 as a VR headset for that as well and with abiot of tinkering it can all be done wireless

I've had a quest one for ages and I had PSVR its so much better with standalone PSVR had loads better games but the tracking and cables pit me off and hardly ever used it.

Plus you can if u have q gaming pc use the quest 2 as a VR headset for that as well and with abiot of tinkering it can all be done wireless
I think I'll get one eventually. I've got a decent gaming laptop so it's probably worth it for me.

I’ve been fortunate and just won a quest 2 at work... need to reactivate by Facebook account though... I’ll probably play around with it tomorrow, some of the games look canny. But I only have a mid range laptop so I doubt I’ll be able to play the processor heavy ones on it

tilt brush looks good for it though...

Do you need one for star wars? Seems there is only the 400 notes ones in stock,do you think its worth it?
No you don't need a PC for anything, just the option is available to connect one if you want to transfer files across to the device and sideload PC games to it. It's a tremendous bit of kit, if £400 isn't a problem for you I'd highly recommend it, it really is a next level experience imo.

Last edited:

Back