October theme - THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed

Winger
Well I think @Walter Ego has gone AWOL and sadly hasn't nominated a theme for October.

It's a great time of year with shorter days meaning better light for us all to play with. Let's go with THE GREAT OUTDOORS as a theme. So you're not limited to landscapes, far from it. Basically anything that is shot outside.

As the poorer weather sets in we might see some more indoors based themes, but let's enjoy the weather while we still can.

Does Italy count as outdoors?

I didn't take a photo in September. Probably the first month since 2001 ish that I didn't take a picture :eek:

Shame on me as there was some cracking weather

I didn't take a photo in September. Probably the first month since 2001 ish that I didn't take a picture :eek:

I think that within the spirit of the competition and my definition, then yes, Italy is outdoors. Other than when it's indoors of course.

I took loads, but haven't had a chance to do anything with them (they will be mostly shit anyway)

I probably won't get out with my camera this month if I'm honest, due to workloads. I took a load in September though :(
Did you not enter a monochrome?

Then at least we'd have had at least one that wasn't by Steeeeed

I will I just wondered if you fancied extending the rules to get more people to enter the competitions ;)
It's quite hard extending/ changing rules because for everybody agreeing to a rule change there will be another saying that it isn't fair. I would think that one of the main rules being that the photo(s) have to be taken since announcement of competition is one that won't get changed as it has been in place since inception of the competition many years ago. We have to find out comp theme, then go out and
take the photo, not find one in our archives ( even if archives are only days old).

Last month there was a thread for monochrome photos that couldn't be entered or weren't wanted to be entered in the comp. I'll start a thread like that and you can put some photos in there as I think people like looking at photos even if not in comp.

It's quite hard extending/ changing rules because for everybody agreeing to a rule change there will be another saying that it isn't fair. I would think that one of the main rules being that the photo(s) have to be taken since announcement of competition is one that won't get changed as it has been in place since inception of the competition many years ago. We have to find out comp theme, then go out and
take the photo, not find one in our archives ( even if archives are only days old).

Last month there was a thread for monochrome photos that couldn't be entered or weren't wanted to be entered in the comp. I'll start a thread like that and you can put some photos in there as I think people like looking at photos even if not in comp.
The main reason I don't enter the comps is that I never get time to simply take my camera out with me and take a certain type of photo. I appreciate that many on the photo board do, and it's the best way to learn but I'd enter more if I was a bit more flexible.

My camera club allow you to enter any photos at all, but only three times for each photo. Means I can get some really good advice on photos I took a while back but maybe havent corrected yet in my photography now. :)

I'll stick my holiday photos up later when I get time to get them off the camera.

The main reason I don't enter the comps is that I never get time to simply take my camera out with me and take a certain type of photo. I appreciate that many on the photo board do, and it's the best way to learn but I'd enter more if I was a bit more flexible.

My camera club allow you to enter any photos at all, but only three times for each photo. Means I can get some really good advice on photos I took a while back but maybe havent corrected yet in my photography now. :)

I'll stick my holiday photos up later when I get time to get them off the camera.
Look forward to your photos.

I think ab22 easy tiger wanted us to pick our cameras up and go and take photos rather than find photos. We did used to have quite a good critique thing going on but that has died a death. I'm not sure we find out who took the photos now! Steeeeed does usually say if we ask but it is generally fairly anonymous.

Look forward to your photos.

I think ab22 easy tiger wanted us to pick our cameras up and go and take photos rather than find photos. We did used to have quite a good critique thing going on but that has died a death. I'm not sure we find out who took the photos now! Steeeeed does usually say if we ask but it is generally fairly anonymous.

I was one of those who advocated an anonymous competition. Looking back I think that was wrong. I think the approach of posters listing their own photos and receiving direct critique was more interesting. I would personally be very happy to return to that - and possibly even start entering the competition again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back