October Challenge - Architectural detail - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we just had our 1st HDR pic posted? 2310 Return that pic looks a bit suspicious to me... ;)

Was waiting for that :lol:

Nothing more than a little tweaking with Lightroom - since it was quite dark in the church and I wanted to show - the detail - in keeping with the theme of the week!! I did push the shadows up a fair bit- I had to they were pretty hard to see those areas.

That having been said - when I finished I thought "that looks a bit HDR to me"!! :)

Ah well - I'll take my chances and if AB22 bans me from either the competition or the board, I'll accept it with good grace and take it on the chin!! :-D

Nothing more than a little tweaking with Lightroom - since it was quite dark in the church and I wanted to show - the detail - in keeping with the theme of the week!! I did push the shadows up a fair bit- I had to they were pretty hard to see those areas.

That having been said - when I finished I thought "that looks a bit HDR to me"!! :)

Ah well - I'll take my chances and if AB22 bans me from either the competition or the board, I'll accept it with good grace and take it on the chin!! :-D

Considering the picture was taken in a place of worship I think we need to bear that in mind when deciding on the consequence of this sin...

BURN HIM!!!!!!

Well we defined the HDR criteria earlier i this thread and this doesn't break the rules.

Last edited:
Considering the picture was taken in a place of worship I think we need to bear that in mind when deciding on the consequence of this sin...

BURN HIM!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

My conscience is clear. I will stand and take my punishment like a man...

(Ruuuuuuuuuun!)

I have made my peace with the God of photographic taste. My penance is the derision and ridicule of the board.....:)

Let he who is without Lightroom 4 cast the first stone!!:lol:

:lol:

My conscience is clear. I will stand and take my punishment like a man...

(Ruuuuuuuuuun!)

I have made my peace with the God of photographic taste. My penance is the derision and ridicule of the board.....

Let he who is without Lightroom 4 cast the first stone!!:lol:

Idontthinkhesseenityet :-D :lol:

Idontthinkhesseenityet

Forgivemefatherforihavesinned....

In mitigation, I would like to offer the perfectly level horizon before being cast into eternal photographic damnation. :)

I have also been reprieved by Easy Tiger - which in itself is a mixed blessing, since the notoriety of having the first SMB ban for HDR (that notification as a desktop background would have been great) as opposed to the usual "nil votes" has a certain attraction!! :-D

Forgivemefatherforihavesinned....

In mitigation, I would like to offer the perfectly level horizon before being cast into eternal photographic damnation. :)

I have also been reprieved by Easy Tiger - which in itself is a mixed blessing, since the notoriety of having the first SMB ban for HDR (that notification as a desktop background would have been great) as opposed to the usual "nil votes" has a certain attraction!! :-D

You'll certainly pick up a lot of votes, it's a very nice shot.

I live in Shanghai and Beijing - so no votes for me this month either (if I can be arsed to enter)

Since I posted this the weather has been utterly crap and hazy and I took some night shots and they were crap so I am going to miss out on entering this month again........

A punt from me this month. A bit low-key but wtf it's Halloween. Got some shots of the gargoyles from the same church but wasn't happy with the composition.

I only found out theme on Saturday and went out taking pictures of buildings. Came back and realised it said architectural detail so went out again. Sky was grey so went for the colour option. (Any exif checkers please note my photos are about 6 hours out as I haven't changed the time on my camera).

This one I liked but the grey sky spoiled it.

picture.php

Thought of entering this as Mother Nature the Architect (but it didn't work for architectural detail).

picture.php

Last edited:
I only found out theme on Saturday and went out taking pictures of buildings. Came back and realised it said architectural detail so went out again. Sky was grey so went for the colour option. (Any exif checkers please note my photos are about 6 hours out as I haven't changed the time on my camera).

This one I liked but the grey sky spoiled it.

picture.php

Thought of entering this as Mother Nature the Architect (but it didn't work for architectural detail).

picture.php

I preferred the one with the grey sky to your entry but it's all about opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back