October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

My point is that the unvaccinated numbers are such that they are not going to overwhelm healthcare systems as we keep getting told as part of the "ruse". That argument went out the window once 85%-90% of populations got vaccinated.
Sorry but if someone is 30 or 40 times more likely to need hospitalisation from a disease then they are a f***ing menace. I’m happy that they have medical autonomy as I’m a liberal and don’t agree with the State interfering with people’s own medical choices. However, an unvaccinated person who can get the jab is a selfish wreckless prick. Imho, of course.

Sorry but if someone is 30 or 40 times more likely to need hospitalisation from a disease then they are a f***ing menace. I’m happy that they have medical autonomy as I’m a liberal and don’t agree with the State interfering with people’s own medical choices. However, an unvaccinated person who can get the jab is a selfish wreckless prick. Imho, of course.
That's very liberal of you Harry.
That all depends on raw numbers. 30 or 40 times more than 1 isn't that many. What percentage of unvaccinated actually get hospitalised with covid ?

That's very liberal of you Harry.
That all depends on raw numbers. 30 or 40 times more than 1 isn't that many. What percentage of unvaccinated actually get hospitalised with covid ?
With the delta variant it was a disgrace people didn’t get vaccinated. Omicron seems much less deadly but USA numbers are awful. That may be due to they are unvaccinated and fat as fuck.
I’m not sure what your point is.

With the delta variant it was a disgrace people didn’t get vaccinated. Omicron seems much less deadly but USA numbers are awful. That may be due to they are unvaccinated and fat as fuck.
I’m not sure what your point is.
I'll repeat myself.
My point is that the unvaccinated numbers are such that they are not going to overwhelm healthcare systems as we keep getting told as part of the "ruse". That argument went out the window once 85%-90% of populations got vaccinated.

Tbf we're still only about 65% fully vaxxed in cz

I'll repeat myself.
If a government want to exclude the unvaccinated I’m not that bothered. Our government is no longer mandating covid passports so you we are all good.
There is a huge backlog of other cases that need sorting and any unvaccinated patient is wasting resources of the hospital.

How come you've been straying further and further towards anti-vax talking points lately? I distinctly remember during the referendum campaign you were arguing forcefully for evidence based decision making etc. Lately you seem to be heading down an anti-vax rabbit hole.
For some perspective that's 0.014% of the population.

I'm surprised Omnicron hasn't ripped through there already. Tearing through here but fortunately deaths aren't hardly going up at all.

Percentage of the population is a bit of a misleading figure. The number is always going to be a minuscule percentage. We had about 38,000 people in hospital with COVID-19 at our peak in January 2021, and that's only 0.056% of the population. Sounds like nothing at that level. Express it as a percentage of available hospital beds and then you've got a meaningful figure, but producing wildly small percentages through the deliberate choice of an inappropriate denominator is again, the tactic of someone trying to twist the figures.

Last edited:
How come you've been straying further and further towards anti-vax talking points lately? I distinctly remember during the referendum campaign you were arguing forcefully for evidence based decision making etc. Lately you seem to be heading down an anti-vax rabbit hole.

Percentage of the population is a bit of a misleading figure. The number is always going to be a minuscule percentage. We had about 38,000 people in hospital with COVID-19 at our peak in January 2021, and that's only 0.056% of the population. Sounds like nothing at that level. Express it as a percentage of available hospital beds and then you've got a meaningful figure, but producing wildly small percentages through the deliberate choice of an inappropriate denominator is again, the tactic of someone trying to twist the figures.
Given that I've rarely been posting on any of the forums for quite a while now I'm not at all clear how you've come to that conclusion ! Maybe you'd care to articulate further ? My posts that I have made have been evidenced based.
Also, given how fundamentally wrong you were on the referendum debate I'd take a bit of time reading and understanding what is being said by those that you disagree with if I was you rather than trying to discredit them by labeling them as anti-vax or going down rabbit holes.

Whichever way you look at it 38,000 is a tiny fraction of 67 million. Perhaps you'd be better off asking why the NHS is put under such pressure by having to treat such a small percentage ?

Given that I've rarely been posting on any of the forums for quite a while now I'm not at all clear how you've come to that conclusion ! Maybe you'd care to articulate further ? My posts that I have made have been evidenced based.
Also, given how fundamentally wrong you were on the referendum debate I'd take a bit of time reading and understanding what is being said by those that you disagree with if I was you rather than trying to discredit them by labeling them as anti-vax or going down rabbit holes.

Whichever way you look at it 38,000 is a tiny fraction of 67 million. Perhaps you'd be better off asking why the NHS is put under such pressure by having to treat such a small percentage ?

Whether I was right or wrong about the best outcome of the referendum is immaterial in regards to the point that during the campaign you were very much pro-evidence, pro-research, pro-academics etc.

It comes across as bitterness because I called you out on your seemingly deliberate way of underplaying the seriousness of the pandemic by expressing hospitalised cases as a % of the population, when the most appropriate denominator is hospital beds.

My evidence for you seeming like you’re straying into anti-vax is some of your recent posts.

When Hana Horka died shortly after giving herself COVID, you quite aggressively argued that her having COVID may have had nothing to do with it:

Maybe, just maybe her having covid after having sought it out has absolutely fuck all to do with her being dead.

You seem sceptical of the impact of vaccinations:

I was questioning vaccinations being put forward as the sole reason for the drop in mortality and hospitalisation numbers compared to last year

You repeatedly bumped your own poll, wanting people to post if they’ve been vaccinated and still caught COVID. I found that odd and wondered what you were using that data for:

Bump.
Only a few days left on the poll. Please vote people if you haven't done already.

You also appear sceptical of the impact unvaccinated people have on the healthcare system.

The numbers are negligible given the very high numbers who are vaccinated. The strain on health services from the unvaccinated argument pigeon has flown.

You were obviously quite invested in the whole NHS clinical staff vaccine mandate as you have affected family who don’t want the vaccine:

I don't know. I've never asked any of their vaccine status. I think there is a lot of unhappiness with the government directive from both vaccinated and unvaccinated colleagues from what I can gather.

You have presented false statistics or misunderstood them and made conclusions based on them:

The NHS employs 1.7 million people. It has a vaccination rate of about 90%. I'll leave you to do the maths.

-

To me this adds up to a fairly sceptical attitude towards the vaccine - coverage, effectiveness, policy etc.

If I’ve added 2 and 2 and got 5 then you have my sincere apologies but the distinct impression I was left with, was scepticism towards the vaccine and policies based on the vaccine.

I was genuinely surprised by this as whilst you and I have totally different views, I never thought of you as someone so dismissive of what is clearly the truth.
So you know everybody's emotional state from a few words on a forum, that's a fantastic talent mate 👍

I know you’ve got a fantastic talent for getting warnings for posting COVID misinformation and fake news.

Mate 👍🏻

Last edited:
Denmark's number going up since Jan, but increasing a lot since start of Feb

COVID-19 Data Explorer
I lost count of the times I heard that Japan were getting it right because of 100% masking, and always thought it foolsh to speculate or congratulate until Covid was dead and buried, and although Japan may not end up with that many deaths per million, it just goes to show that it's not over until Covid says so.

Back