October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

That would suggest that the pass sanitaire they have had in place since last August is having little if any affect. Yet Macron and his government have pushed through a rule/law which excludes unvaccinated people from public life, even when they present a negative test for entry into venues, bars, restaurants etc. La démence.
Always a ruse to get people vaccinated rather than to stop spread.

Asides from being very divisive what is this ruse actually achieving ? Evidently the vaccines are not stopping the spread given their numbers.
Reduces the chances of the unvaccinated getting it and being a strain on health services as they're much more likely to need care.
How many are required to reach herd immunity?
Not going to happen. Anyone who comes with a firm number is clueless.

Last edited:
Reduces the chances of the unvaccinated getting it and being a strain on health services as they're much more likely to need care.

Not going to happen. Anyone who comes with a firm number is clueless.
In just about every European country the take up rate for the vaccine is 85% / 90%. I very much doubt whether the remaining people who are unvaccinated pose putting a strain on their respective health services. A tiny percentage would need hospital treatment.

The hatred aimed at those not vaccinated is because people are visible but viruses are not. A bit like kicking the cat when your team loses.

In just about every European country the take up rate for the vaccine is 85% / 90%. I very much doubt whether the remaining people who are unvaccinated pose putting a strain on their respective health services. A tiny percentage would need hospital treatment.
There put a disproportionate strain on healthcare. There's no denying it. A tiny percentage of a large number is still a large number especially when there's simple interventions to massively reduce those chances. Any additional admissions is strain on services when people are waiting for planned care and elective surgeries but waiting lists are increasing.
Data from UK recently showed that you were 6-14 times more likely to end up in hospital unvaccinated. That's increased further with booster rollout.
If you want a return to normality, get your injections.

There put a disproportionate strain on healthcare. There's no denying it. A tiny percentage of a large number is still a large number especially when there's simple interventions to massively reduce those chances. Any additional admissions is strain on services when people are waiting for planned care and elective surgeries but waiting lists are increasing.
Data from UK recently showed that you were 6-14 times more likely to end up in hospital unvaccinated. That's increased further with booster rollout.
If you want a return to normality, get your injections.
Within your knowledge base, where do you think we'd be now if a vaccine hadn't been found?

Within your knowledge base, where do you think we'd be now if a vaccine hadn't been found?
Probably an unanswerable question. I don't have any knowledge to guess but there must be lots of factors involved. Would the virus have mutated as much without a vaccine? Would we just have ended up in some sort of permanent lockdown?

That would suggest that the pass sanitaire they have had in place since last August is having little if any affect. Yet Macron and his government have pushed through a rule/law which excludes unvaccinated people from public life, even when they present a negative test for entry into venues, bars, restaurants etc. La démence.
Not so sure about the Big Gay Party in Brussels but i agree with the rest of it ;)

I don't know the relevant figures but aren't the unvaccinated the main driver behind pressure on the NHS?
I don't know the relevant figures but aren't the unvaccinated the main driver behind pressure on the NHS, even now?

Probably an unanswerable question. I don't have any knowledge to guess but there must be lots of factors involved. Would the virus have mutated as much without a vaccine? Would we just have ended up in some sort of permanent lockdown?
Soory mate, that was supposed to be for rudd...but I had a similar thought regarding mutations, but a bit scary if a virus has some knowledge of vaccines and makes a move to counter the resistance.

Everything in the universe is intelligent, so maybe it's possible.

My knowledge base isn't much different to anyone elses when it comes to covid and deaths.
But without the vaccines I think Aug 2021+ would've been awful for deaths and admissions, similar or worse than Nov-Dec 2020. Health and social care have just about clung on the past few months, I very much doubt that would've happened without the vaccines. We'd have had no option to put further restrictions in place to delay things and avoid deaths due to NHS being overwhelmed.
You only need to look at the admission and death rates for vaccinated vs unvaccinated over the last month to see that.
(You could work out rough estimates for deaths and admissions without vaccines from the weekly reports but I'd only mess it up at the moment, too much pain relief and steroids!)

I don't know the relevant figures but aren't the unvaccinated the main driver behind pressure on the NHS?

I don't know the relevant figures but aren't the unvaccinated the main driver behind pressure on the NHS, even now?

Not sure about the UK but here in cz numbers per mil of population is 24 unvaxxed, 8 vaxxed

Back