Octavia VRS

The saloon diesel, any good?

Son has one. Beautiful car, loads of room, and terrifying accelleration. Its an older model though 07.

Daughter (no) had the Octavia VRS 1.9 twin turbo. 05 plate. Far superior. Squat wide wheelbase, shorter. Beast of a fast car. I brought down the A1M past the services at Birtley one day and there was nowt in front of me so I opened it up. Shame I had to slow down for CLSt turn off. It just purred. Best car Ive driven.

My last car was the VRs diesel on a 62 plate. Easy 65mpg and 0-60 in under 8 seconds with 170bhp (184bhp on the newer ones) Highly reliable as well if looked after. Only issue I had in 5 years was a seized brake calliper on the back. Make sure the timing belt and water pump have been done if it’s high miles.
Liked mine so much I bought an nearly new (ex demo) one only this time went for petrol with 245bhp.

My last car was the VRs diesel on a 62 plate. Easy 65mpg and 0-60 in under 8 seconds with 170bhp (184bhp on the newer ones) Highly reliable as well if looked after. Only issue I had in 5 years was a seized brake calliper on the back. Make sure the timing belt and water pump have been done if it’s high miles.
Liked mine so much I bought an nearly new (ex demo) one only this time went for petrol with 245bhp.
Petrol nicer to drive and faster but less fuel economy? What about the insurance? Expensive?
Son has one. Beautiful car, loads of room, and terrifying accelleration. Its an older model though 07.

Daughter (no) had the Octavia VRS 1.9 twin turbo. 05 plate. Far superior. Squat wide wheelbase, shorter. Beast of a fast car. I brought down the A1M past the services at Birtley one day and there was nowt in front of me so I opened it up. Shame I had to slow down for CLSt turn off. It just purred. Best car Ive driven.
Heard they’re nice to drive

Had the diesel Cr now got the tsi. Can’t be beaten for me, not many cars that have decent performance, a massive boot (even the hatchback) and can carry 5 people easily.

Oh and they’re built like tanks. Don’t think they’ve ever done a 4 door saloon mind.

Brilliant cars IMO, Not a fan of the new shape they’ve just brought out though. Couldn’t justify such a big car just for me so went for the same engine in a Seat Leon instead and it’s spot on. It’s like shit off a stick too :cool:

Petrol nicer to drive and faster but less fuel economy? What about the insurance? Expensive?

Heard they’re nice to drive
Yeah although I can still get 47mpg on the motorway if I try
Insurance was about £250 for my diesel as said and my new one I’m paying around £320.

Well built cars with plenty of room. As it’s VAG it’ll have the tech pack from a last generation VW.

They’re not fast but it’ll fee quicker with the torque you get for half a second before they run out of puff.

You’ll enjoy it while it’s not in the garage getting the turbo repaired and looking for mysterious boost leaks that drop it into limp mode.

Back