Obi-Wan Kenobi

I hope he is in exile where he belongs

Source: Wookieepedia

Because of his role in abetting the rise of the Empire, Binks was once again exiled by his people. After the Battle of Endor and the rise of the New Republic, he performed in the streets of Theed as a clown who was popular with children but not so much with their parents. Many Gungan and Naboo adults refused to speak to him or say his name. Binks entertained the children by performing numerous antics including wagging his tongue, juggling glombo shells, spitting fish up in the air and catching them, dancing around, and swallowing and flushing out water through his ears.[25]

Because of his role in abetting the rise of the Empire, Binks was once again exiled by his people. After the Battle of Endor and the rise of the New Republic, he performed in the streets of Theed as a clown who was popular with children but not so much with their parents. Many Gungan and Naboo adults refused to speak to him or say his name. Binks entertained the children by performing numerous antics including wagging his tongue, juggling glombo shells, spitting fish up in the air and catching them, dancing around, and swallowing and flushing out water through his ears.[25]
:lol: the bairn is excited to play as the bugger on Lego Skywalker saga that's coming out next month FFS.......I'm not !!

Justice

Me neither. Half tempted to watch, though I'm not sure how comfortable I am cartoons being canon.
Most of the storylines in the animated series (Rebels, Clone Wars and Bad Batch) enhance and expand the 'universe' in a good way imo. Particularly in the case of Mandalore and Saw Gerrera. The Force origin stuff is a bit of a push mind.
Loving all these spin offs as they're pure escapism and sure I'll enjoy Kenobi but I really liked the thought of him living in isolation for the whole 20 years or so between episodes III and IV. However that bubble has already been burst in the animated series. Without knowing the exact dialogue in A New Hope I think Vader says something about a presence he's not felt in a long while. I guess it's vague enough so that it doesn't have to refer to what happened in Revenge of the Sith. But in my head it always did.
tbf they've done a pretty good job of avoiding contradictions in multiple interwoven series, Yes I'm trying to justify being an adult but still enjoying kids films/cartoons.

Most of the storylines in the animated series (Rebels, Clone Wars and Bad Batch) enhance and expand the 'universe' in a good way imo. Particularly in the case of Mandalore and Saw Gerrera. The Force origin stuff is a bit of a push mind.
Loving all these spin offs as they're pure escapism and sure I'll enjoy Kenobi but I really liked the thought of him living in isolation for the whole 20 years or so between episodes III and IV. However that bubble has already been burst in the animated series. Without knowing the exact dialogue in A New Hope I think Vader says something about a presence he's not felt in a long while. I guess it's vague enough so that it doesn't have to refer to what happened in Revenge of the Sith. But in my head it always did.
tbf they've done a pretty good job of avoiding contradictions in multiple interwoven series, Yes I'm trying to justify being an adult but still enjoying kids films/cartoons.
Though when they meet on the Death Star, Vader says “Last time we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master”, which suggests they have not met since his apprentice days - later found to be the battle on Mustafar.

Though when they meet on the Death Star, Vader says “Last time we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master”, which suggests they have not met since his apprentice days - later found to be the battle on Mustafar.
Vague enough to refer to his early days as as a Sith Lord but clearly does change narrative somewhat.

Which would be a contradiction if the rumoured Kenobi vs Vader II rematch happens in the Kenobi series.

They've probably done it on purpose because they know it'll irritate nerds like me.

I’m really enjoying this. It’s much better than the Mandalorion bollicks.

McGregor very good, although it’s not a high bar from Ep1-3 tbf.

Nice touch to get James Earl Jones back too.
Glad you said that! I didn't think the Mandalorian was much cop, but got utterly shot down by the star wars fanatics!

Wasnt going to give this a try but will now.

That’s the line that is hard to square off with any subsequent meets after Mustafar

That’s not what Vader says, the exact quote is:

“I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master.”

I guess they’ll interpret the ‘when I left you’ bit as him no longer being Kenobi’s padawan. It’s the only way I can see how they can justify it without it being a massive retcon or plot hole.

Back