Obesity discrimination

It’s definitely discrimination if, after having paid double for an ‘amenity’ seat, you then find the two seats are deliberately placed separately and you will need to pay again to get two together. That is seriously taking the piss.
I agree.

Sorry you had bother, tubby.

One of the meals in question has 1.6g of sugar and 0.5g of salt per 100g .

Would you class that as high?
Nah. You typically have 1 or two like that and a dozen that are loaded though.

Nah. You typically have 1 or two like that and a dozen that are loaded though.
I've got 3 microwave meals in my freezer. That one was spaghetti bolognase, another one is chicken hotpot which has lower sugar. The other one is cheesy pasta bake which has 4.4g of sugar which I presume is because of the cheese.
Conclusion - microwave meals don't make you fat

I fashion severely restricted for the bigger lass? Cos they seem to wear nowt but leggings every day. I'm not au fait with women's fashion and stuff but I'm guessing this is probably all they can comfortably fit into.
Went into primark the other day for nursery clothes for the bairn and Mrs Mt went to get some maternity vest things as she's getting big. Barely any small sizes at all. Geared to the behemoths of the world.

As for healthy eating its a piece of piss. Most week nights it's kept simple for fam Mt. Some sort of fried lean meat, one portion of carb (cous cous, rice quinoa etc) and some veg. Once a week we can get a pizza or have some oven chips instead as a treat. Weekends we do a roast one day and usually salads for lunch. Casserole Sunday night.

I was in M&S looking at the nutrition things on stuff they sell and the amount of salt and fat they cram in is quite incredible.

Went into primark the other day for nursery clothes for the bairn and Mrs Mt went to get some maternity vest things as she's getting big. Barely any small sizes at all. Geared to the behemoths of the world.

As for healthy eating its a piece of piss. Most week nights it's kept simple for fam Mt. Some sort of fried lean meat, one portion of carb (cous cous, rice quinoa etc) and some veg. Once a week we can get a pizza or have some oven chips instead as a treat. Weekends we do a roast one day and usually salads for lunch. Casserole Sunday night.

I was in M&S looking at the nutrition things on stuff they sell and the amount of salt and fat they cram in is quite incredible.
Truth, but it tastes lush.

Also you can stick your quinoa. I'll accept cous cous.

For starters, severe thyroid problems are a disability.
Agreed, but all that any disability can do is make you prone to putting on weight, it cannot in itself make you put on weight.

If you don't eat the calories, you cannot gain weight.

Agreed, but all that any disability can do is make you prone to putting on weight, it cannot in itself make you put on weight.

If you don't eat the calories, you cannot gain weight.

You could try Google y'know

Overweight and Obesity | Disability and Health | NCBDDD | CDC

Obesity in people with learning disabilities: possible causes and reduction interventions

Antidepressant use linked with weight gain

Can Prescription Drugs Cause Weight Gain? - Drugs.com

There y'go: you can thank me later but four easily accessed articles that relate to learning disability, medication related to mental health and prescription drugs related to some forms of diabetes - all of which lead to weight gain. There's a whole load of other circumstances - such as mobility issues leading to inability to exercise etc, that might lead to weight gain.

I myself gained weight when I was under treatment with steroids for Bells Palsy. I'm not sure whether that is a disability ('substantial' and 'long-term' (12 months?) negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities... very probably even though temporary) but even so, if I was being abused at work or not given a job or a training opportunity because somebody/a manager was treating me less favourably because they thought I was a fatty... when I actually had a medical condition, the treatment for which resulted in weight gain, I'd hope that I'd be protected.

I'm not sure talking shite is protected under legislation so I'm free to sarcastically abuse you. Only kidding. No offence.

They're on BBC talking about it now. One of the guests is obese and is saying that rather than step on the scales or discuss her weight she wants to focus on her health. Madness when it's fact being overweight links to cancer & diabetes.

It's ultimately a personal choice so each to their own, we could turn the argument here to drink and drugs. It doesn't mean when we do talk about obesity that it should be promoted as a healthy lifestyle.

If that's the inteview I heard the woman seemed in total denial of any potential health issues that may result from her obesity.

You could try Google y'know

Overweight and Obesity | Disability and Health | NCBDDD | CDC

Obesity in people with learning disabilities: possible causes and reduction interventions

Antidepressant use linked with weight gain

Can Prescription Drugs Cause Weight Gain? - Drugs.com

There y'go: you can thank me later but four easily accessed articles that relate to learning disability, medication related to mental health and prescription drugs related to some forms of diabetes - all of which lead to weight gain. There's a whole load of other circumstances - such as mobility issues leading to inability to exercise etc, that might lead to weight gain.

I myself gained weight when I was under treatment with steroids for Bells Palsy. I'm not sure whether that is a disability ('substantial' and 'long-term' (12 months?) negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities... very probably even though temporary) but even so, if I was being abused at work or not given a job or a training opportunity because somebody/a manager was treating me less favourably because they thought I was a fatty... when I actually had a medical condition, the treatment for which resulted in weight gain, I'd hope that I'd be protected.

I'm not sure talking shite is protected under legislation so I'm free to sarcastically abuse you. Only kidding. No offence.
still the laws of physics win, not matter what your condition, if you don't eat more calories than you burn you cannot put on weight.

I did my ankle a few years ago, and whilst less active, I ate less to compensate.

still the laws of physics win, not matter what your condition, if you don't eat more calories than you burn you cannot put on weight.

I did my ankle a few years ago, and whilst less active, I ate less to compensate.

Excellent. You’re a wonderful human being and everybody should be like you.

You win. I give up.

when I played rugby I was "obese" but I was much trimmer than I am now when I'm not obese

I also just ate a whole swiss roll out of the packet

Back