Obesity and is this normal?

I agree the Government made loads of mistakes during the pandemic but please stop coming out with the rubbish that people cannot afford nutritional food. If it was purely financial decision all the takeaway places in poor areas would close.

The reasons are many and complex but lack of money does not mean you buy kebab meat and chips to feed your kids.
I've made decent pocket money delivering takeaways down the years but it wouldn't cross my mind to order for myself and I've always been bewildered by their popularity.
Its not unusual to deliver to someone within walking distance who has obviously been raking in the change jar or down the back of the settee to get their fix :lol:

I worked in child care for many years...if kids are living without light and heat the authorities know very quickly, and action is taken immediately. If the cause of obesity is a lack of electricity, that's 18 million people sitting in the dark.

Thats not 18 million obese people...try again.

I really don't have to answer to you.
We're meant to be finding solutions here, not picking further holes in things which are actually happening.

I've made decent pocket money delivering takeaways down the years but it wouldn't cross my mind to order for myself and I've always been bewildered by their popularity.
Its not unusual to deliver to someone within walking distance who has obviously been raking in the change jar or down the back of the settee to get their fix :lol:
I can see the lure of food that is high in fat salt and sugar. It tastes lovely.

That is why people are fat. Millions of years of evolution has made it taste fantastic. Also, we sit down and do nothing when we are full. To preserve energy because the next meal might be a while coming.

But you can get too much of a good thing and healthy food plus exercise makes you much happier in the long run.

I really don't have to answer to you.
We're meant to be finding solutions here, not picking further holes in things which are actually happening.

But we'll never find answers if we don't work on hard facts. The electricity excuse is so minimal when stacked up against the number of 18 million obese. I'm sure you have a good heart, I have too, but without compromise we'll just go round in circles. Those that make the rules must be practical and not be swayed by minority gripes as this fogs the overall evolution of this over priveledged species.

I keep well away from hybrid takeaways
Chippy selling pizza
Chinese selling fish and chips
Kebab shops selling.....
Stick with what you've said there and you won't go far wrong. I always swerve chippies where I see an elephants leg revolving around in the background.

I think it extends to the staff as well, I want my fish and chips to be cooked and served by some haggard middle aged wifey, but if the same woman popped her head out of the serving hatch in my local curry house alarm bells would be ringing all over.

Stick with what you've said there and you won't go far wrong. I always swerve chippies where I see an elephants leg revolving around in the background.

I think it extends to the staff as well, I want my fish and chips to be cooked and served by some haggard middle aged wifey, but if the same woman popped her head out of the serving hatch in my local curry house alarm bells would be ringing all over.

That made me laugh so much the dogs went nuts, my ribs really hurt đź‘Ť

How do they even pass basic food hygiene rules? They are reheated over and over again, or are they thrown away each night? or are they full of salt as a preserve?

How do they even pass basic food hygiene rules? They are reheated over and over again, or are they thrown away each night? or are they full of salt as a preserve?
If you see it coming off the stump and it has been cooked properly there is no problem, any bacteria is killed by the heat. If it is sitting around for loads of time then bacteria has a chance to multiply.

If you see it coming off the stump and it has been cooked properly there is no problem, any bacteria is killed by the heat. If it is sitting around for loads of time then bacteria has a chance to multiply.
Nevertheless it's still fatty salty slimy meat shite, I've only tasted a piece once, I'm out. Sheesh all the way for me, and a 100% tax on takeaways.

Nevertheless it's still fatty salty slimy meat shite, I've only tasted a piece once, I'm out. Sheesh all the way for me.
Before becoming a vegan (I have to tell people it's in the rules) I always had large doner when pissed. It was food of the Gods. I never ever ate it sober. looked awful. The thought of having it with chips instead of salad even when pissed was never considered.

But we'll never find answers if we don't work on hard facts. The electricity excuse is so minimal when stacked up against the number of 18 million obese. I'm sure you have a good heart, I have too, but without compromise we'll just go round in circles. Those that make the rules must be practical and not be swayed by minority gripes as this fogs the overall evolution of this over priveledged species.

This is probably going to sound a bit daft, but I had an idea a while ago.
I wondered if it would be possible to have something like a community hall where you could do meals at cut price for people who were obviously struggling financially or nutritionally but it also might bit nice for a community.
I know there's luncheon clubs etc but that's a bit more higher end!
I was talking like it's easy to knock up a lot of curry or chilli or pasta or veg stuff, and more cost effective to do a lot in one go, than have multiple hobs cooking smaller amounts etc.

I wondered if there would be any uptake or whether people would just think of it as like a glorified soup kitchen.
Obviously it would be charged per person/kid maybe but it would be really cheap as it would be cost effective do to.

Am I just trying to solve a problem there by nannying?
I thought it might be nice.

I wondered if it would be possible to have something like a community hall where you could do meals at cut price for people who were obviously struggling financially or nutritionally but it also might bit nice for a community.
I was talking like it's easy to knock up a lot of curry or chilli or pasta or veg stuff, and more cost effective to do a lot in one go, than have multiple hobs cooking smaller amounts etc.

I wondered if there would be any uptake or whether people would just think of it as like a glorified soup kitchen.
Obviously it would be charged per person/kid maybe but it would be really cheap as it would be cost effective do to.

The whole give a man a fish/teach a man to fish argument kicks in here though.

The whole give a man a fish/teach a man to fish argument kicks in here though.

That's the thing. I mean it wouldn't be bad if it had a teaching bit too it as well but I can't see that being taken up.
I could be wrong.

Maybe doing that once a week couldn't hurt though.

Man you are beautiful...but for others to see what you have to offer, you have to offer it. You've found a purpose, you stood your ground rightly or wrongly against me until we found a good place. Take your idea to who you can...the local council, self help groups and especially AgeUK with whom I work with fund raising...they are great people with open minds. There is no meaning to life, only purpose, and it is lack of purpose that put us on this seemingly one way obesity ride.

You are already a community leader, the maths are in place...talk to others, impress them like you've impressed me. Do you know why Jews have succesful communities? They embrace chaos, so when you get a door slammed in your face, just say "fuck you" and knock on another door.

I wish you good liuck my friend đź‘Ť

Man you are beautiful...but for others to see what you have to offer, you have to offer it. You've found a purpose, you stood your ground rightly or wrongly against me until we found a good place. Take your idea to who you can...the local council, self help groups and especially AgeUK with whom I work with fund raising...they are great people with open minds. There is no meaning to life, only purpose, and it is lack of purpose that put us on this seemingly one way obesity ride.

You are already a community leader, the maths are in place...talk to others, impress them like you've impressed me. Do you know why Jews have succesful communities? They embrace chaos, so when you get a door slammed in your face, just say "fuck you" and knock on another door.

I wish you good liuck my friend đź‘Ť

I agree with @Vinyl Score about the "teach a man to fish" side of the argument, but I can't see the harm in maybe doing it once a week?
It might even reduce isolation for some people.

It's a thought anyway. Maybe for when we're past all these lockdown shenanigans!

Back