Obesity and is this normal?

It's almost like governments that took covid seriously at the beginning of the pandemic have lower death rates isn't it?

Things like obesity obviously play a massive part. But not as big as the public health response.
That’s a different argument though. My point was more around the mortality rate which is one of the highest in the western world. Almost 3%. That’s with us having done more testing, and therefore catching more cases, than other countries.

It is very odd. Australia has everything you need to live a fit active and healthy life. People blame the weather over here but since I’ve ran a lot in lockdown that is just another excuse. I prefer cooler weather when running. Going out running in the pissing rain is fine.
If people end up fat messes in Oz then there is no hope.
Edit. Maybe it’s too hot😀

Too dangerous outside in Oz. The sun will kill you, the spiders, crocs, snakes and sea creatures also want you dead.

Aye but you see it’s ok to be body positive these days - apparently we have to ahem “ celebrate “ , ahem “ plus size”.

Being grossly overweight , sorry - fat , isn’t now and never has been good for anyone.

But of course , like a lot of uncomfortable truths , people won’t go there for fear of the mob.
I thought looking at the picture it was something you put on your garden.

You probably will eventually........

No problem if you are doing a manual job and working up and appetite, though most are dead calories and you will just feel bloated. But for desk jockeys, unless you are getting the miles in running or on the bike (or soon in the gym) that will knacker you! I am cooking this tonight -

I didn’t think that it would be the case, but apparently Australia has a higher obesity rate than the UK!

I read something similar to that years back. My sister and BIL worked and lived on little Nauru for a spell years ago.

Surely they are just exaggerating the portion size for the vid. One person couldn't eat that without doing themselves some harm.

The first time I came across a "Munchie Box" was in Scotland, but now most takeaways seem to do some kind of picky bits in a pizza box, or indeed a ginormous mess like the OPs has shared.
Chicken Shawarma in a bit box like that is on the rise.
Unlike Chicken Schwimmer, which hasn't been popular since May 2004.

It is very odd. Australia has everything you need to live a fit active and healthy life. People blame the weather over here but since I’ve ran a lot in lockdown that is just another excuse. I prefer cooler weather when running. Going out running in the pissing rain is fine.
The suburbs make people fat.

The suburbs make people fat.
They didn't in the 1930s :lol: but I agree. Everything I need to sustain life is within walking distance. Many people will get in the car to go anywhere because it isn't conducive to walk to the local shop/doctors/supermarket/pub/anywhere.
Too dangerous outside in Oz. The sun will kill you, the spiders, crocs, snakes and sea creatures also want you dead.
Not in the suburbs. The main danger is a pizza box full of shitty meat.

Last edited:
They sell stuff like that here "munchie boxes" iirc. I like a kebab, but just buy an individual one for me on a weekend (those boxes are to share etc).

It can be too hot aye. I used to run by the harbour on my lunch break and there's a bit of a cooling breeze off that. Out west though it gets stifling hot. But it's not that

Back