Obesity and is this normal?

Pizza boxes full of shite are sold at loads of takeaways now including Chinese and Indian food. I've never seen this particular offering on a menu like. I don't think I've ever managed to eat a full kebab. Even in a normal carton there is too much 'meat' for one person.

I didn’t think that it would be the case, but apparently Australia has a higher obesity rate than the UK!

It's a funny old place. The Sydney everyone sees on the TV - the beachside suburbs etc - are populated by the beautiful people. Gym freaks, yoga and pilates classes on the sand at 6am, women out exercising with full make up on. Blokes obsessed with their appearance. But out western Sydney are cases probably worse than I've seen ever in Sunderland. Huge units living on a diet of shit TV and take away. Europeans too but rates of obesity must be massive in the pacific islander community. Middle easterners.

I didn’t think that it would be the case, but apparently Australia has a higher obesity rate than the UK!

It's almost like governments that took covid seriously at the beginning of the pandemic have lower death rates isn't it?

Things like obesity obviously play a massive part. But not as big as the public health response.

Last edited:
It's a funny old place. The Sydney everyone sees on the TV - the beachside suburbs etc - are populated by the beautiful people. Gym freaks, yoga and pilates classes on the sand at 6am, women out exercising with full make up on. Blokes obsessed with their appearance. But out western Sydney are cases probably worse than I've seen ever in Sunderland. Huge units living on a diet of shit TV and take away. Europeans too but rates of obesity must be massive in the pacific islander community. Middle easterners.
It is very odd. Australia has everything you need to live a fit active and healthy life. People blame the weather over here but since I’ve ran a lot in lockdown that is just another excuse. I prefer cooler weather when running. Going out running in the pissing rain is fine.
If people end up fat messes in Oz then there is no hope.
Edit. Maybe it’s too hot😀

Back