Obesity and Covid Deaths - Report

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date

Listening to the horror statistics right now...I also had already read the article. There were warnings pre vaccine that the more obese, the less effective the vaccine. Hard to put a figure on it regarding UK stats as there are plenty of elderly folk who are also obese.
No obesity equals an extra £9 billion on the NHS budget...yep, £24 million a day to keep the obese alive, the amputations are a huge part of the overall costs.

Last edited:
What about some personal responsibility? Why is it always someone else’s fault?
The notion of personal responsibility has been eradicated in the last 12 months. As a nation we should be doing everything to help people get active from a young age, this government have cut many of the means to get kids in particular involved in sport and exercise - youth clubs, leisure centres, grassroots sport etc. The cheek of that man to start preaching about exercise due to some kind of reawakening after he almost kicked the bucket is truly something.
Parks and football fields disappearing and turned in to housing estates.
They’ve somehow managed to convince people they are effectively a new political party, one not responsible for cuts, cuts and more cuts.

Last edited:
The notion of personal responsibility has been eradicated in the last 12 months. As a nation we should be doing everything to help people get active from a young age, this government have cut many of the means to get kids in particular involved in sport and exercise - youth clubs, leisure centres, grassroots sport etc. The cheek of that man to start preaching about exercise due to some kind of reawakening after he almost kicked the bucket is truly something.
Sorry but those are just shite excuses. There is literally fuck all else to do but still people cannot be arsed to exercise or cook decent food.

They’ve somehow managed to convince people they are effectively a new political party, one not responsible for cuts, cuts and more cuts.
They have a cult following so no surprise. Some schools don't even have playing fields for sport.

Sorry but those are just shite excuses. There is literally fuck all else to do but still people cannot be arsed to exercise or cook decent food.
Time will tell I guess, more people may well have got fitter in this last year, or it could have went the other way .... I agree people need to take more responsibility for their own weight, but a mindset oriented around exercise begins as a child, and quite simply many means of a child to get involved in sport have been taken away by this government.

Time will tell I guess, more people may well have got fitter in this last year, or it could have went the other way .... I agree people need to take more responsibility for their own weight, but a mindset oriented around exercise begins as a child, and quite simply many means of a child to get involved in sport have been taken away by this government.
I agree the environment is totally wrong but it needs to change.
The chances for exercise for kids have been stolen by their parents

Last edited:
This is why the sugar tax should be extended to food

The fat mess of a PM on Twitter has said as a nation we have to get fitter, as gyms are shut and the leisure sector has been hit by 11 years of Tory austerity. A year and a day after he bragged about shaking hands with Covid hospital patients. Clown.
To be fair obesity stated escalating when gyms became more available. People who eat junk dont usually use a gym...source, the gyms Ive used for the last thirty years.
If you're over weight a half hour skip a day and the correct amount of calories will sort you out no problem...source, the fat gits that were once me and the missus.

It's fairly simple. If you put into your body more energy than it burns up, you put on weight. If you put in less, you lose it. That's entirely down to the person and what they do.

That said, we live in a country where more and more crap food and drink is available in more ways than ever before. Even some of the vegan / plant based new foods are unhealthy. I understand that more willpower is needed than at any other time these days.

But if you don't want to die of Covid, or have complications to your health the older you get, it's down to you. Something I learned the hard way.

I agree the environment is totally wrong but it needs to change.
The chances for exercise for kids have been stolen by their parents
What about some personal responsibility? Why is it always someone else’s fault?
You dare mention personal responsibility and you're told you are uncaring, but if we just sit back with the status quo, the NHS will collapse and in addition less people working will have to support more people that have to stop work because of obesity...keeping the overweight alive is not a reason for our existence.

Last edited:
More needs done at schools and P.E has to be as important as all the other core subjects. But parents need to give themselves a shake and do more to help their kids. My 9yr old nephew is already fat and is only going one way. They seem completely oblivious to it. It is v frustrating

You dare mention personal responsibility and you're told you are uncaring, but if we just sit back with the status quo, the NHS will collapse and in addition less people working will have to support more people that have to stop work because of obesity...keeping the overweight alive is not a reason for our existence.
Nor is keeping drinkers, smokers etc.
Glad we have some perfect specimens though.
More needs done at schools and P.E has to be as important as all the other core subjects. But parents need to give themselves a shake and do more to help their kids. My 9yr old nephew is already fat and is only going one way. They seem completely oblivious to it. It is v frustrating
I agree. The amount of teenagers esp girls that are so overweight is shocking.

Last edited:

Back