Obama: It's in the interest of the United States that Britain remains in the EU

Those critical of Obama i suspected are annoyed that he is saying something they disagree with. It is also something that most of the prominent political leaders are coming out and saying it is better for us to remain in the EU. To say he is not allowed an opinion on the EU something is ridiculous in whether it is big or small it will affect the US

It was just in response to a number of posts suggesting it was a done deal and that we'd be snookered as the rest of the EU were going to be on more favourable terms.

Oddly enough I thought the opposite, that it was an example of the EU starting to wise up a bit about TTIP and start and push back a bit. Which frankly the should have been doing long before now.

So come the next general election there will only be one choice on the ballot paper, the Tories? No.

When I say 'we' I mean our elected MP's, I'm not expecting any control on a personal level,

It's about giving back control and accountability to those we elect to run the country, the fact it could be the Tories is irrellevant.

The In campaign want a small clique of non elected commisioners to oversee and rule a continent, with a non elected president at the helm.

Now that really is bonkers.

The changes to the electoral system mean that the Conservatives will have a majority in England, and EVEL means that they will be able to block any changes to laws that run counter to the interest of their donors. The leaders of the Out campaign strongly back these measures, as do their sponsors in the media.

You are being offered a choice between a flawed democracy and better trade in the EU, or an even more flawed democracy and even worse trade outside the EU.

It's a no brainer - vote In!

Oddly enough I thought the opposite, that it was an example of the EU starting to wise up a bit about TTIP and start and push back a bit. Which frankly the should have been doing long before now.

The changes to the electoral system mean that the Conservatives will have a majority in England, and EVEL means that they will be able to block any changes to laws that run counter to the interest of their donors. The leaders of the Out campaign strongly back these measures, as do their sponsors in the media.

You are being offered a choice between a flawed democracy and better trade in the EU, or an even more flawed democracy and even worse trade outside the EU.

It's a no brainer - vote In!

So does David Cameron want EVEL or not?

Pro EU and pro EVEL?

At last Europeans do seem to waking up to the deficiencies of TTIP, and not before time. There was a very large demonstration against it in Hannover at the weekend and the German Economy Minister who is also a Vice Chancellor has spoken out warning of short comings in the proposed deal.

https://www.rt.com/news/340760-ttip-fail-german-minister/

Pro EU and pro EVEL?

Yes.

At last Europeans do seem to waking up to the deficiencies of TTIP, and not before time. There was a very large demonstration against it in Hannover at the weekend and the German Economy Minister who is also a Vice Chancellor has spoken out warning of short comings in the proposed deal.

https://www.rt.com/news/340760-ttip-fail-german-minister/

Agreed. I would like to think that the tide is turning against it.

Of course EVEL and the boundary changes mean that it would be almost impossible to do things like reduce private sector outsourcing in the NHS. TTIP simply makes it easier for the outsourcers to demand compensation. It is EVEL and the boundary changes which are the problem

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189872/obama-job-approval-highest-level-may-2013.aspx

His approval rating is very similar to Reagan's last year. ie a US political legend.

The Leave campaign has to drastically up their game essentially. Really drastically. It's obviously not a good campaign so far but there's time yet.

Reagan's last year came after he admitted lying to the American people over illegally and secretly selling arms to the Iranians in exchange for hostages and narrowly avoided being impeached and indicted. The legend of Reagan was only created after he left office.

How dare the Kenyan tyrant interfere with British politics. Not content with issuing dictatorial decrees to override American law and abrogating the rights of American citizens on his anti-American crusade he's now trying to affect the rights of British people to determine their own future.Outrageous.

I see what you're saying but I don't think it is a fair comparison, the EU is a add on we can easily do without, Westminster for all its ills is still essential to the UK.

But either way if we remain in the EU there's nothing I can do about it.

Yes there is though, we just vote for the anti EU MP at the next election and hopefully it happens before we are swamped with immigrants.

Those critical of Obama i suspected are annoyed that he is saying something they disagree with. It is also something that most of the prominent political leaders are coming out and saying it is better for us to remain in the EU. To say he is not allowed an opinion on the EU something is ridiculous in whether it is big or small it will affect the US
I'm voting in, but he can fuck off with his comments

So it's not just some people in the out campaign who support EVEL.

The leader of remain wants EVEL also,

So if EVEL is going ahead regardless of In or Out, how does staying in the EU help our democracy?

It means that the Out campaigns claims that leaving the EU will make us more democratic are a bit of a sham.

It means that the Out campaigns claims that leaving the EU will make us more democratic are a bit of a sham.

How does leaving an undemocratic organisation like the EU make you less democratic?

By leaving one massively flawed, undemocratic system and just having Westminster has to be progress.

If we all vote against the Tories in a few years time it renders your argument completely useless in any case.

By the time the referendum comes two things will have happened:

1. Obama's visit and his misguided words will be long forgotten, and
2. Multiple crisis throughout the EU will surely make this a very close contest indeed.

I honestly dont know why people would want to say in this crumbling corrupt organisation. Its finished and Europe looks to be imploding.

Pro EU and pro EVEL?

Seen that mentioned a couple of times now, can someone please explain what it is?

I've tried Googling but have had no joy.

They'd already been arming the allies for two years at that point.

You mean boosting their economy/increasing their post war influence, whilst downgrading/diminishing ours!

Roosevelt wasn't offering charity!

Not to worry lads,

I'm sure next time the U.S. decides to start another war, we'll be straight back to the front of the queue again.

Just imagine the effect of threatening to obtain our Trident replacement from elsewhere could have!

Last edited:
yet those who normally cant stand him or his country and have whined about them for years are suddenly fans and claim his authority to be total because he said something they agree with.

bizarre world

I'm voting in, but he can fuck off with his comments
this

The twat is absolutely bathing in his own self righteous f***ing waffle. Watching BBC News right now and Obama f***ing loves himself! Pity the majority of USA residents think he's crap! Stay out of our business Obama.

Imagine the president of a major country having a large ego and loving himself. He will be making confident speeches and stuff next, by very definition the people who run for US president are horrific narcissists why else would anyone do it? He offered an opinion on a major event which would have some effect on his country I don't have an issue with him making comments or offering opinions people can just to ignore it if they like

Reagan's last year came after he admitted lying to the American people over illegally and secretly selling arms to the Iranians in exchange for hostages and narrowly avoided being impeached and indicted. The legend of Reagan was only created after he left office.

How dare the Kenyan tyrant interfere with British politics. Not content with issuing dictatorial decrees to override American law and abrogating the rights of American citizens on his anti-American crusade he's now trying to affect the rights of British people to determine their own future.Outrageous.
You were doing well until you said Kenyan tyrant...

He's just fundamentally altered the course of the referendum by laying out some facts. Fair play to the bloke. We love him. The yanks love him. He's walkinh history that man.

Back