Obama: It's in the interest of the United States that Britain remains in the EU

It bears little resemblance to the Scottish referendum....in that the leave campaign had a plan
As you know my point was that the term 'Project Fear' was something that originated in the Scottish Independence referendum to criticise the remain campaign - that tactic didn't work for the SNP - it is the same for the Brexit campaign, in my opinion.

http://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/poll-of-polls/

It shows an average of the last 6 polls - 54% Remain, 46% Leave. Yes, polls are somewhat discredited but we know as it gets towards the actual vote people will move towards sticking with what they have. My point is that the Brexit side have a massive job to do and their blanket use of 'Project Fear' for any opinion they don't like ,or anyone suggesting risks associated with leaving, is not and will not work.

Last edited:
The twat is absolutely bathing in his own self righteous f***ing waffle. Watching BBC News right now and Obama f***ing loves himself! Pity the majority of USA residents think he's crap! Stay out of our business Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189872/obama-job-approval-highest-level-may-2013.aspx

His approval rating is very similar to Reagan's last year. ie a US political legend.

As you know my point was that the term 'Project Fear' was something that originated in the Scottish Independence referendum to criticise the remain campaign - that tactic didn't work for the SNP - it is the same for the Brexit campaign, in my opinion.

http://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/poll-of-polls/

It shows an average of the last 6 polls - 54% Remain, 46% Leave. Yes, polls are somewhat discredited but we know as it gets towards the actual vote people will move towards sticking with what they have. My point is that the Brexit side have a massive job to do and their blanket use of 'Project Fear' for any opinion they don't like ,or anyone suggesting risks associated with leaving, is not and will not work.

The Leave campaign has to drastically up their game essentially. Really drastically. It's obviously not a good campaign so far but there's time yet.

I understand what you are quoting. You just seem to be attaching a huge significance to it?

I am afraid that you won't be given that luxury. The changes to the electoral boundaries, the reduction of elected MPs and increase in non elected MPs, and EVEL mean there will be a permanent Conservative majority in England.

Nobody on either side of the debate is proposing giving people like you a say in anything. The out campaign want to repatriate powers to a small clique of right wing politicians and their financial backers, who can exercise power how they see fit without the need to ask the opinion of anyone else, least of all you.

No one is offering you more control over anything.

So come the next general election there will only be one choice on the ballot paper, the Tories? No.

When I say 'we' I mean our elected MP's, I'm not expecting any control on a personal level,

It's about giving back control and accountability to those we elect to run the country, the fact it could be the Tories is irrellevant.

The In campaign want a small clique of non elected commisioners to oversee and rule a continent, with a non elected president at the helm.

Now that really is bonkers.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189872/obama-job-approval-highest-level-may-2013.aspx

His approval rating is very similar to Reagan's last year. ie a US political legend.

Well, with respect, he hasn't got my approval. I agree that he has a right to an opinion but I believe it is self centred. He would not have accepted any such interference in American politics and a remain vote can only be in the USA's favour and he knows that. I believe that UK voters may yet see this as meddling where it is not wanted. I reckon Dave may have shot himself in the foot here.

As said previously I have not yet decided but I have not taken kindly to Obama's interference.

So come the next general election there will only be one choice on the ballot paper, the Tories? No.

When I say 'we' I mean our elected MP's, I'm not expecting any control on a personal level,

It's about giving back control and accountability to those we elect to run the country, the fact it could be the Tories is irrellevant.

The In campaign want a small clique of non elected commisioners to oversee and rule a continent, with a non elected president at the helm.

As your as such a strong advocate on democracy, if the British public decide to vote to remain, will you accept that as the decision of the electorate and the will of the people?

Well, with respect, he hasn't got my approval. I agree that he has a right to an opinion but I believe it is self centred. He would not have accepted any such interference in American politics and a remain vote can only be in the USA's favour and he knows that. I believe that UK voters may yet see this as meddling where it is not wanted. I reckon Dave may have shot himself in the foot here.

As said previously I have not yet decided but I have not taken kindly to Obama's interference.

You said

"Pity the majority of USA residents think he's crap!"

Which is wrong

As your as such a strong advocate on democracy, if the British public decide to vote to remain, will you accept that as the decision of the electorate and the will of the people?

I wouldn't say I was a strong advocate on democracy mind.

I generally dislike politicians and government. I can just about live with the Westminster lot as in theory they are elected by us to run the country.

But to add another tier of politicians and unelected members is beyond the pale and unacceptable. I'll never change my mind on that one.

I wouldn't say I was a strong advocate on democracy mind.

I generally dislike politicians and government. I can just about live with the Westminster lot as in theory they are elected by us to run the country.

But to add another tier of politicians and unelected members is beyond the pale and unacceptable. I'll never change my mind on that one.

Even if the public vote for the Country to remain? You seem to be saying it's OK for the Tories to be in if they are voted in, but not for the EU if we vote to remain. Can't have it both ways, surely?

Imho, apart from it, quite possibly, being at Cameron's instigation, Obama's motivation has to be that he believed (as with Clinton's) that they think it has everything to do with them believing it is in American interests to have the UK (acting as their mouthpiece) within the EU - nothing more, nothing less.

Even if the public vote for the Country to remain? You seem to be saying it's OK for the Tories to be in if they are voted in, but not for the EU if we vote to remain. Can't have it both ways, surely?

I see what you're saying but I don't think it is a fair comparison, the EU is a add on we can easily do without, Westminster for all its ills is still essential to the UK.

But either way if we remain in the EU there's nothing I can do about it.

You have posted many times on here what you think about British politicians and it is always without exception very negative and yet here you are willing to put unfettered power into their hands. Make your mind up.

As for the EU, you haven't got a clue how it works do you. That is why you never seem to go beyond soundbites.

Would you also advocate the withdrawal of all foreign embassies from the UK and the withdrawal of all our embassies and high commissions from all 200 plus countries round the world? Given that apparently one country discussing and advising another country on matters that affect them both is something that must not happen.
very good ......9/10

How about the other points in my post that you were replying to ?

It's only unfettered power while they remain in government.

Me personally will be voting against the Tories regardless of the result. If everybody else does the same we won't have a Tory government in a few years time.

I'm no expert on the EU, but you do not have to be to form an opinion on it either way.

There will be many people voting to remain who have less clue than me.

Back